Chapter Two:

Lyndsey's Point Of View:

My focus these past few months have been anything but great. When it came to work, I've been scolded many times. In fact, I don't think I can even count how many times now. From staring off into space while on the runway, doing a live show and tripping people, to giving empty stares during interviews or photo shoots. I've felt like my head was dancing in the clouds and the strange thing about it is that I'm the complete opposite of this.

I'm the type of person who was well grounded, focused on that one task with all of my concentration until it was finished. I feel as if my mind had been stolen from me and I was just in the passenger seat sometimes. Another odd factor about it was where my mind drifted to; thoughts of someone I had seen in months. A shorter girl than myself, with jet black hair and just the easy going lifestyle that I missed and craved so much, but knew I would never have again. She intrigued from the moment I had laid eyes on her, the fact that her creativity was beyond her time had me stung with feelings. Her relaxed composure had me spinning with curiosity. But... I haven't seen her in months except in a few dreams I've had. So... with all my daydreaming about her, lead me to this situation:

"Wake up Ryan!" I could hear someone yell in front of me, causing me to jolt abruptly. My eyes focused on a very pissed off pair of eyes. Michelle roared as she slammed her clip board on the ground all while the photographer glared at me. "Yeah, hi? Remember me? The guy who needs to take pictures of you? The one that has a deadline to meet in less than a week?!" He yelled in my face. I didn't really react as I yawned in boredom, which just pissed him off even more.

"Calm down." I said as I moved away from the backdrop, "I'm going to get some water. Let me know when you want to finish." I turned away from a very looking gay man. As I walked over to the refreshment table I could hear him yelling at Michelle. Complaining how this was the fourth time this week that I was ruining the shoot and how Michelle needed to 'take care of me' before he lost his marbles. 'Can't lose something you never had in the first place...' I laughed to myself as I chugged on some lovely cold water, loving the feeling of it running down my throat and cooling me down.

However I was turned around to face an irritated woman. "My office, right now." She raged with her teeth clenched. I sighed as I followed her closely down the ridiculously dark hallway. I couldn't help the eerie feeling that crept into my being that made me want to run in the other direction. But thankfully Michelle turned on the light in her office, but not before I was shoved inside. I watched her walk across her office before she finally leaned against her desk, staring at me.

"What's the problem?" I asked, as if I didn't really know the answer. Might as well play innocent till proven guilty, right?

"My problem is one of my models is costing this agency money, Lyn." She said as she looked directly at me, causing me to feel slightly awkward and look elsewhere. I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed as I found my stilettos to be highly interesting at the moment in time. "Are you depressed again, Lyndsey?" I looked up at her to see her raise her brows at me, motioning me to answer.

"No?" I said as I sighed in annoyance. Michelle clicked her tongue as her patience with me was warring thin.

"Do you miss Australia or something?" She questioned as she used her hands in a way that made me feel five again.

"Look, I've just had a lot on my mind lately. It's no big deal." I said as I averted my eyes from hers again.

"Well what is it then? Are you thinking about your fam-." I casted my eyes up at her with a rather pissed off glare. "What?"

"That's none of your business, okay?" I basically yelled at her. She looked confused and startled for a moment.

"Well, actually, when you're costing this company thousands of dollars because your mind isn't in the right place, it kind of is my business." She sighed at me as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Do you need to see your therapist-." I cut her off before she could even finish.