Chapter Thirty-One

Lyndsey's POV:

I couldn't fight the smile that was adorning my lips. I felt genuine happiness for the first time... in years. I mean don't get me wrong, I've felt happy at times... but this? I looked down to our intertwined fingers, my heart souring through the air. This is what happiness truly felt like. My eyes traveled up to Val's face; a beautiful woman who underestimated herself. That of course couldn't be more wrong; I found her to be stunning in every way. Despite her interesting choice of clothing, a pair of beat up converse, ripped shorts, and an Imagine Dragons tank top, she just looked... amazing. Now, I highly doubt by looking at her that you'd be able to tell she was the creator of amazing pieces of gowns and such. "So," Her angelic voice interrupted my thoughts, causing me to look to her smiling face once more, "Where are we going? We have been walking around for what feels like hours and my feet are starting to hurt." She squeezed my hand lightly, my stomach doing flips. Why is it she could have this effect on me? Especially after last night? Did I make the right choice in confessing my feelings? 'Haha... I didn't confess everything...'

"It's probably been close to thirty minutes; you're dramatic." I laughed at her eyes rolling, but her hand squeezing lightly reassured me that she caught onto my sarcasm. "Besides, aren't you loving this scenery?" I asked, nodding my head to the beautiful scenery before us. I watched as she turned her head back, looking towards the river that ran through Paris, a path I always loved to walk along. Normally, I was alone when I visited the city, except for the... you know... meeting of Rylee years ago. But, this was different. I had never done this with anyone before. When I was with Emalie, we were only together for a few months. I was young and obviously didn't think to do things like this.

"It's beautiful." She breathed out lightly, smiling warmly as she looked up to me. I must have looked ridiculous as the smile spread across my face. I pushed my sunglasses over my head, pulling her closer to me. She was shocked, that much was obvious, but I leaned down slightly to press my lips against hers. It was a short, sweet kiss, but hopefully expressing some sort of emotion to her. "What was that for...?" She asked, confused by my randomness.

"Don't worry about it." I winked, squeezing her hand in return before continuing our walk. "So, how are you liking our trip to Paris?" I asked, changing the subject. She didn't fight it though, sighing softly as she closed her eyes for a moment before falling into step next to me.

"It's amazing. I've got to say, seeing all the amazing architect and fashion here; it's very inspirational. Makes me wish I had my sketchbook with me." She grinned, shaking her head. "I wish we could see the Tower though..." She commented. I groaned at the mentioned of the Eifel Tower. I mean don't get me wrong; it's a stunning piece of art. But...

"That's for tourist." I laughed, shaking my head. She, of course, scoffed at my words.

"I'm not sure you realized something, but I'm not French. I'm from Canada." She said with a proud tilt of her head, causing me to burst out into laughter.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. But what's it like to be so Canadian, Eh?" I attempted my best accent, of course failing miserably. People were probably staring now as we both broke into laughter now. However, our laughter was halted by a bunch of kids running up to us.

"Oh, mon Dieu!" I heard a few of them yell as they ran up to me, holding out their phones. I felt Valerie pull her hand away from mine, causing me to frown. "C'est, Lyndsey Ryan!" A girl screamed in happiness. The group of kids couldn't have been older than fifteen or so. I smiled as I waved to them awkwardly. As of late, I forgot that I was a model sometimes... maybe it was being around Valerie so much that made me come off my high of being famous.