Chapter Nine

Lyndsey's Point of View

It was a very strange feeling for me; being back in the arms of the girl whom I loved so long ago. It was like I was back in Australia with her. I was unable to contemplate what was happening. Her arms tightened around my waist causing me to look up into her captivating eyes. Those eyes were dangerous for me... "So..." Her sultry voice eased out, "Should we talk?" I closed my eyes, having an overwhelming feeling that I knew exactly what she wanted to talk about. I could barely see her as the moonlight silhouetted her face from me. I could only imagine the expression she had on her face at this current moment. Then it dawned on me; lying in bed and talking seemed to be a thing for me.

"What do you wish to talk about?" I finally asked. I heard a long intake of breath before she answered herself.

"Well.... A model? Like really?" I couldn't help but laugh at that. I could see her smile ease over her face. "I'm completely shocked by your choice of career!" She giggled, causing me to smile. I brushed her bangs away from her face, watching as her jaw tightened at my touch.

"The job kind of fell into my lap." I smiled at the memory of meeting Michelle, "When I first moved here I was working at a local coffee shop." I said as I ran my fingers down her arm, "Well one day Michelle, who is my agent/manager now, walked in and as I handed her the coffee, she handed me a card. She told me I was too beautiful to be working at a coffee shop," I shook my head at that. "I thought it was some sort of joke to be honest. Well one day I was desperate to pay my rent so... I gave her a call. Next thing I knew I was trying on clothes and taking a crap ton of photos. Voila, my current life."

"But a model?" She questioned, pulling me closer to her. "I'm still in shock. You always hated models. You told me they reminded you of lifeless drones."

"Well... I'm not a lifeless drone. As you can see." I said with a wink. She rolled her eyes, smacking me lightly on the hip. "Hey, watch the merchandise."

"Oh please!" She mocked, sharing a laugh with me. "Don't want to ruin you precious job!" She laughed out. I smirked, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Well, not all of us dreamed of being a waitress at an Italian restaurant." I teased, sticking my tongue out at her. I watched as her face fell dramatically, making me regret what I had just said. She pulled away from me, sitting up and swinging her legs over sit on the edge of the bed. Her back was to me, making me feel like a total heartless asshole. I sat up to move behind her, but I was unable to bring myself to touch her for some reason. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like-."

"You know... my life really isn't where I thought it was going to be either." She sighed, running her hand though her curly blonde hair. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, curious what I had just started. "I'm a young woman and I've got nothing going on for me. And here you are, a god damn model." She laughed, standing up and facing me.

"Why did you come to Los Angeles, Em?" I questioned, moving towards the edge of the bed, looking up at her. She bit her lower lip, looking away from me.

"I thought that was obvious." She choked out, running her fingers through her hair. She clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth, taking short steps before me. Then she turned towards me, her eyes piercing through me... like they always did.

"What's obvious?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. She was looking at me with the same loving gaze she had given me all those years ago. I watched as she licked her lips, her thumb running over her index finger; a nervous tick she always had. "Emalie, talk to me." I begged her as I grabbed her hand. But her gaze saddened instantly the moment my hand grazed hers.