Chapter 19

Joe’s POV

I look round the kitchen to see if I can find the picture of my daughters but so far, I'm having no luck. I hear the front door open and close before walking out into the hall.

“Kim, have you seen-” I start.

“No, Joe, I haven’t seen the picture of your daughters that you left on the kitchen table.” She says dryly while taking her jacket off.

I look at her. “What are you talking about?”

“Oh, come off it! I know you have two daughters with that slut you cheated on me with. No need to deny it.”

“Kim, what did you do with the photo?”

“I took it back to her.”

“You did what?” I shout.

“I gave her the photo back because, clearly, she’s only telling you about them as she wants you back.”

“Kim, you’re so thick! I never got the photo from her! I got it from her boyfriend’s mum while she was watching them!”

“What? You went to see her?”

“That’s beside the point! You basically told her that I know her children are mine!”

“Hey, don’t blame this on me! You’re the one that cheated on me and never used protection with her!”

“Do you blame me for cheating on you? You’re a nightmare to be with!!!” I take a deep breath and watch her face grow to anger. “Kim…”

“If I’m such a nightmare to be with, then why did you propose to me?” She shouts in return.

“Because Chelsea told me she didn’t want me anymore!”

She steps back a little in shock. “Well, it’s funny how you find out you’re a dad and now the truth comes out.” She picks her jacket up to put it back on.

“No, you stay. I’m leaving.”

I grab my jacket and car keys before walking past her and out the house. I get in my car and begin to drive to Chelsea’s house.

Normal POV

When I arrive home, I immediately spot the girls playing in the garden. I smile at them as I get out the car. I open the boot and start to take out the shopping bags when I see a car come up the driveway. I stop lifting the bags out when I spot who's driving the car.

The car comes to a stop and I shut the boot back over before walking over to it. The car door opens and Joe gets out without a care in the world about who'll see him. I look at him as he closes his car door over.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I ask him straightaway.

“I’ve came to see my daughters,” he answers, looking over at the girls.

“They aren’t yours,” I lie.

“Chelsea, don’t lie to me. This is not the time to be lying to me. I know they’re mine and I want to be in their lives,” he states.

“You have some nerve coming here out of the blue and demanding to see them.”

“I haven’t come out of the blue, you just never told me you were pregnant when you left me.”

“Oh, so this is my fault?”

“Partly. I wanted to be with you but you basically shot me down.”

“Joe, I didn’t shoot you down.”

“You did! I lay in that hospital bed after putting my life in danger trying to protect you and what do you do? You dump me!”

“Joe, I didn’t want-”

“Mummy…” Aimee says softly from behind me.

I turn and look down at her. “What is it sweetie?”

“Can me and Katelyn go to the-” She starts before looking up at Joe. “…hi…”

I look back at Joe to see what he's going to do.

“Sweetie, this is Joe. He’s one of my friends,” I tell her.

She looks at me before putting her arms out and wanting me to pick her up. I pick her up and put her on my side.

Joe’s POV

I watch the little girl as Chelsea picks her up and they turn to me. She puts her head on Chelsea’s shoulder and looks directly at me. My heart melts as I suddenly become hypnotised by her perfect eyes.

Normal POV

“Hi, Joe.” Aimee says quietly.

“Hi,” Joe replies with a smile on his face.

“Darling, why don’t you take your sister inside the house while I finish talking to Joe.”

She nods before I put her back down. I watch her walk away and get Katelyn before the two of them walk into the house while holding hands.

"Chelsea…” I hear Joe say.

I turn to him and before I know it, he has me in his arms and he's kissing me. I relax a little before realising what I'm doing. I push him away and step back.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I shout at him. “In fact, don’t answer that! I know what you were doing and it’s not going to happen!”

“Chelsea…”

“No! You think that you can just come here, see our daughters and think everything’s gonna go back to what we planned! NEWSFLASH: It’s not!”

“Chelsea, you don’t seem to get it with me! I never stopped-”

“Don’t even start! You say one more word to me and I swear to God...”

“I can’t turn my feelings on and off like you can!”

“Why can’t you get it through your thick head that I’m not interested in you anymore?”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Believe it, because I am.”

I turn away from him and walk into the house.

----

I sit on my bed later that night and look at Ryan as he walks into the bedroom after putting the girls to bed.

“Would you mind looking after the two of them for a week?” I ask him as he sits down next to me.

“Why? Where are you going?”

“My friends have asked me to go away on holiday with them for a week and I want to go. The only thing that’s stopping me is the fact that I have the girls to think of,” I tell him.

“Oh. Well, I guess I’ll be fine to watch them. I have my mum to help me if I need it,” he says, laying down.

“You sure?”

“Yes, don’t worry.”

“Thank you.” I lean down and kiss him briefly before getting up to go and get changed for bed.

“When do you go?” He asks as I walk into the en-suite.

“Erm, tomorrow.” I reply.

“What?” He shouts in shock. “Is this not a little bit of short notice?”

“Does it matter?” I sigh, getting annoyed with him.

“Sorry I even asked.” I hear him mutter.

I sigh again before getting changed. Why was I suddenly starting to hate him now?