9: You don't remember this face?

I gritted my teeth together in annoyance, my eyes in slits and my lips curled up in distaste. I ignored his carefree laugh that boomed in the crowded restaurant which caused some heads to turn around in our direction.

I glared at the people who were obviously girls; some from our college and others not, turned around to look at our table with sly smile and eyes hungry, ready to pounce on the boy beside me if he ever so slightly hint it.

And the boy beside me was either oblivious to the fact that his presence alone had gained the girls attention in the restaurant or he knows but didn't give a damn.

But I was sure it was the former because we were talking Kyle here.

*

|F I F T E E N - M I N U T E S - A G O|

As soon as the words left Hannah's mouth, both Amelia's and my head turned towards the direction she was looking at, that is, out of the window.

Did I mention our seat was just a couple of inches away from the glass, a whole glass for a wall instead of a concrete wall?

The glass lets us see what's happening outside and at the same time enjoy the food. But thankfully, the glass was made in such a way that we can see what's happening outside but not vice versa.

My eyebrows narrowed and I squinted my eyes when I saw Kyle getting off from his motorcycle (He looked very hot, btw). He raked his hair once and looked directly at us or where we were sitting.

I reared back thinking he had seen us but that was not the case. He kept his helmet safely on his motorcycle and made his way towards the entrance of the restaurant.

Then, what was to happen? He saw us and without so much an invitation from any of us, he joined us.

*

|P R E S E N T|

"Oh my sweet Rose." Kyle cooed, his eyes glint with humour and his lips stretched in a wide smile. He was pinching my right cheek and looked down at me as if I was a toddler with a chubby cheeks.

I slapped his hand away with my right hand which was previously clutching the glass of water picturing it to be Kyle's throat.

He chuckled at my annoyed filled glance that I sent his way and held his chest as if he was hurt. "I am wounded. So much hostility." I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour.

"I hate you all." I muttered, then chucked down the glass of water in one breath and slammed it back down on the table with a thud.

Both Amelia and Hannah laughed at my reaction and Kyle joined them soon. I huffed crossing my arms and glared at the white table cloth.

"That's not fair. You guys are tag teaming on me." I grumbled.

I felt Kyle's hand on my shoulder and he pulled me towards him. "I am always on your side, babe." Kyle winked at me and I swear, my insides turned all gooey and warm at his words.

I sighed dreamily on the inside.

"Then tell me where you saw me." I demanded wanting to know where they had seen me and how because they were giving me secretive grin and it doesn't settle well with me knowing they know something which I don't and that thing involves me, not involve, that thing was all about me.

"That, I won't." Kyle tapped his finger on my nose once and I scrunched my nose at his action.

It felt tingly.

I heard a throat being cleared awkwardly. "Do you want us to go or something like that?" Hannah quirked an eyebrow at us and Amelia had a knowing smile on her face.