13: Why I still didn't slap him?

Rosie's Pov

"I knew you would have an ulterior motive to treat me in McDonalds out of all the places." I glared at the guy who planted his derrière on the seat opposite of mine.

Kyle grinned widely in response.

I took a bite from my burger and moaned in delight momentarily forgetting who I was with and my surrounding. It has been so long since I last ate anything from McDonalds.

"Looking at you enjoying your big mac, I think it's a win-win situation." Kyle winked and took a bite from his burger.

"You're such a pervert." I said with my mouthful, not caring that I was with a really hot (yet annoying) guy but I was not out to impress him.

"Are you sure you're a girl." Kyle gave me a condescending look to which I stuck my tongue out at him after swallowing my food.

His eyes shone with amusement. "You're with a really hot guy, show some manners." His tone filled with humour, his smile teasing and he gave a light touch to his hair when he said hot.

"You're Kyle." I said as a matter of fact and gave him that duh look.

"Ouch." He held his heart when he got what i was implying.

"She's staring at you." I popped a french fry in my mouth and glared at the girl who was at the counter.

I need to meet the manager and complain about how incompetent the workers here are.

"Because I am hot." Kyle smirked at me before turning around and gave a small wave to the girl who grew red and waved back at him shyly.

I took a swig from my coke and slammed it down on the table to get his attention back and it was a success though I got some unwanted attention too from the nearby tables which were occupied.

"Are you okay?" Kyle raised an eyebrow when he saw the scowl on my face.

"Oh, I don't know. Seeing you flirt with her when someone is eating is making me want to puke on your face." I snapped at him.

No wonder, he wanted to come to Mcdonalds. Probably because of that counter girl, Marina is her with whom he was flirting shamelessly.

She's pretty, blonde hair, got the right amount of meat in the right places (unlike me), she looks decent and would probably be of our age.

"Is someone jealous?" Kyle's smile turned smug and I closed my eyes briefly to give myself a mental pep talk on how killing people is a sin and how much I wanted to live my life outside and not inside of a jail.

I fixed a sweet smile on my face and replied, "Jealousy doesn't look good on me. I just have a very low tolerance level of stupid antics and I tend to empty my stomach on such people when I am in such a situation."

Kyle snorted at my response and muttered under his breath, "You're so jealous."

I was so close to jumping from my seat and attacking Kyle but I held myself back because he was paying for the food and I haven't even eaten half of it so I'd rather eat and be in my full stomach when I am taking him down.

Few more minutes, Rose, few more minutes. I chanted in my head like a mantra.

"Okay geez, woman. Calm down."Kyle chuckled and he looked amused as if he was finding the whole conversation funny. " Why would I look at her when I am on a date with such a beautiful woman?"

I nearly choked on my own breath at his words.

Wh-what? D-date?

I quickly gathered myself and tried to look as unfazed as ever. "It's not a date. We are on an 'apology treat'." I remarked and gave myself a pat on the back when my voice sounded confident and strong.