3: Derrière or ass?

I was in a good mood as I hummed a song, dancing a little in my door room adjusting my books, pen and laptop on my study table.

Tomorrow, college starts and I can't wait for it.

I prepared everything in advance, books and pens for tomorrow's class which neatly placed at the side of my study table.

"I'm taking my time on my ride..." I continued humming as I picked a pencil up from my pen holder and examined it. It was a cute pencil with Shinchan on it instead of a plain colour.

Lily especially got a set of Shinchan pencils for me as a gifted when we depart our ways.

I smiled softly remembering her and Dalia.

I picked another pencil which had Himawari : My left hand had a Shinchan pencil while my right hand had the Himawari pencil.

I don't have it in me to use them and moreover sharpen them when the need for it arises.

I shook my head deciding not to use them and to keep them as a remembrance gift.

"You both are just too cute to be used." I mumbled looking at both the pencils.

My phone went off causing me to look at its direction that is my bed where my phone lay with its screen shining brightly and blasting the Naruto theme song.

I kept my pencils on top of my study table and made a move towards my phone. As soon as I turned around and took a step, I heard two clanking sounds, one after the other. I sighed.

I will pick the pencils later.

I ignored it and grabbed my phone from my bed instead, I accepted the call with a wide smile when I saw 'Mum' flashing on my screen.

"Mama." I chirped happily sitting on my bed cross-legged.

"Rosie." I heard my mum's relieved voice.

I knew what she was going to say next so I prepared myself with the answers.

"How are you? How is your dorm room? Who is your roommate? Are you okay there or do you want a suite dorm room or better yet an apartment? I can arrange it for-"

"Mum." I cut her off rolling my eyes at her rambling and non stop questions.

That's just how she is when I am away from home.

"I am fine. My dorm room is okay and it's comfortable. My roommate is good. And I'm okay in my dorm room I don't want an apartment." I answered her questions leaving out all the important details.

If I tell her about the situation and how I ended up in a boys dorm, she'd flip out. If I tell her my roommate was a boy, she would go bananas and i don't even want to imagine what she'd do.

"Okay, if you say so." I heard her sighed but I knew what was about to come out of her mouth next. "But an apartment will be so much more better. You will be free and you don't have to share a bathroom with someone else." Mum tried to convince me.

I chuckled expecting this from her. "Mama, seriously, I am fine. I don't need an apartment and also I'd be alone if I had one." I grumbled the last part and I heard her sigh again.

"I will be fine, don't worry about me." I reassured her.

"You're so far from home and I worry about you because that's how mothers are." Stated my mother sniffling.

"I know but if anything happen I will call you or dad." I tried to ease her of her worry.

"You won't have to do that if you have Jim with you." My mum's tone was hopeful.