Chapter 26

Jace’ POV

After a week of my last encounter with Zea, I always woke up feeling empty. Emptiness is all over me….emptiness to the point that I feel that I no longer living. Loving a person that already belongs to someone can make my whole world stop.

Since then I devoted my time to work so that I would feel tired….tired to the point that my mind seems like a blank paper that I would not have to think of the pain and emptiness inside my heart.

Speaking of work, Chase and I have to attend a dinner meeting with our foreign clients in Golden Paradise Hotel’s resaturant. Well we are already here in the hotel we just have to wait for our clients to arrive. After few minutes, we see them coming. The meeting already started. While we were eating, we also discuss things. I can say that it woud be an easy job.

After our discussion with the clients they immediately left. Chase and I decided to leave later. As we were talking, I noticed a couple arriving. That guy seems to be Ry.

Tsk. How could he be with another girl? I observe them while they are eating happily.

How about Zea? Does she know that the father of her child is going out with another girl?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Chase’ phone ringing.

“Jace I need to go.” He said after he answered the call.

“Okay. I am just going to stay here a little more.”

“Okay, gotta go”

I nodded.

I notice that the girl who’s with Ry is leaving their table. Going to comfort room I guess.

I hurriedly went to Ry. I want to talk to him.

He looks shock when he saw me.

“I guess we need to talk” I said.

He grinned. I don’t like that grin.

“Fine. Do you want us to talk here or outside?”

“Outside. It seems that you are not scared that your girlfriend might hear us if we talk here.”

He didn’t even look bothered but he followed me outside.

“Is your conscience not functioning now? I can’t see guilt in you. How could you be with another girl, Zea’s pregnant?

“And what is that to do with you?”

“Of course, I’m concerned. You got her pregnant yet you’re enjoying yourself as if you don’t have responsibility on her.”

“Enjoying myself, yes. I have responsibility on her, yes. But not that kind of responsibility that you have in your mind” he grinned again.