La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 25.1

As the weekend approaches and i finish off this novel, I'm excited to say, I might just make this baby free on smashwords once i'm done. I haven't had a free novel in a while and I figured this might be the one.

I'm going to see just how many more hits i get on here before I deliete the story.

Here''s part of Chapter  25 and the other will come either at the end of the day or monday. trying to make sure all stone's are unturned.

please let me know if there's some dying question you need to know that you think i might forget

enjoy...

Chapter 25.1

The booth was designed for premium privacy and initially coming in she barely could see Dexter above the high back of the booth.

The room felt dizzy and she gripped the curtain to keep her legs from going from underneath her. At first her vision was blurred and then cleared as Dexter stood up to catch her before she totally lost her balance. Treasure stood up as well in concern.

"Stefanie, what are you doing here?" Treasure demanded. "I told you-"

Pushing away from Dexter and then glaring at Treasure, she said, "It's him?"

"Stefanie, I think I should explain," Treasure said. "Maybe you should sit-"

"I don't want to sit!" Stefanie cut her off. "This is him? All this time?! The guy who stole all the money?! Noooo!"

Now Treasure looked confused and Dexter looked guilty.

"It's not what you think, Treasure," Dexter said. "That's why we wanted to get the truth out to Stefanie as soon as possible."

"What truth from me?!" Stefanie asked incredulously. "It seems that everyone around me has been lying to me!"

"I haven't lied to you, Stefanie," Treasure defended.

"The truth could take a while to explain," Dexter said hopelessly.

"The truth better come out faster than that, Dexter!" Treasure said angrily. "I don't like being lied to."

Dexter started to stutter at his words, "Y-you see, we thought everything w-was going..."

"Spit it out, dammit!" Stefanie screamed at the top of her lungs.

Someone in the booth cleared their deep voice drawing everyone to slowly look in their direction.

She had to step forward pass Dexter to see Axel sitting in the middle of the booth.

"I think I should explain, Dexter," Axel said standing up from the middle of the booth. Stefanie really wanted to faint now.

It was too much! The room started to spin and she gave into the overwhelming welcome of blackness.

***

            The light tapping to the side of her face drew her softly out of her blackness. Just as her consciousness was turning to grey, the awful smell made her shoot to the white light of reality.

            Pushing away the vial under her nose, she shot a glare at the culprit who had been holding the vial under her nose.

Lethal gave her a wink and then looked around the room. "Now that she's not dead," he said giving Treasure a fiercely angry look. "Can we get down to who you're calling a big fat liar, Treasure?" Lethal said. "I got a plane to catch and if I'm going to shoot someone, I need a least an extra twenty minutes to make it justifiable murder to the police."