La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 24.2

this is part two and i'm currently working live in progress on chapter 25. i should be done tomorrow. thanks for all your comments and patience. you guys are wonderful!

enjoy...

Chapter 24.2

Jezica turned to her and said, "Your friend, Lethal Heart. I heard about him and what he can do. You could pay him and he could make Nick disappear."

Yet another reason to go into her pocket to do something, Stefanie thought. Would Jezica never learn? "Lethal wouldn't kill for me."

"You don't know that. I heard he'd do anything for the right price."

"Anything legal, stupid, and point blank, I'm not going to kill anyone. Nick is your problem. I haven't done anything to hurt him only your lies and I'll just tell him."

"As if he'll believe you. The man has gone crazy and he's going to do anything to destroy you, including using Daxopholos Black."

Stefanie looked at the folder Lethal had given her and for some reason she didn't think Jezica knew the whole story. "How?"

"Just trust me when I say they are conspiring and getting rid of them both will be better for both of us."

Now the number of who to kill had increased. "Do you know what they are planning for me?"

"Of course not. Nick and his mother are so damn secretive and you know I won't even think of talking to that fat fuck Daxopholos."

Stefanie frowned but only briefly because Axel was not fat anymore - far from it, yet Jezica was referring to him as if this was the past. Playing into what Jezica was saying, she asked, "So instead of one body, we now have to get rid of two people?"

Casually, Jezica said, "While we're at it, we could have him go after Lauren and that Dexter guy. Once I get my money back, I can help pay for everything we have Lethal do for us."

For some reason, Stefanie had a feeling Jezica had an alternate plan when she came over. Bottom line, Jezica was trying to manipulate her.

"Be honest with me Jezica and tell me exactly how much did you really steal and how did you steal from Nick? If you lie to me Jezica, I'll never believe a word you say ever again."

Jezica smiled and her demeanor relaxed. "Well, easy," she said with a simple shrugged. "Over the years, I could go into the bank account and just siphon a little here and there, but in recent years Nick's put limits on the accounts I could get money from until it was difficult to see his other accounts. That's why I lied and asked you to put that program on. After that, I could get his keystrokes once I logged in under his name on the computer and get into all his bank accounts."

Stefanie bristled at how Jezica just admitted so casually using her. Still, she bit her lip to hold off her severe animosity growing in leaps in bounds at Jezica.

"How much did you steal, Jezica?" she asked coolly.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Jezica said, "Just about seven hundred fifty thousand."

Stefanie didn't have anything in her throat and choked on the air exasperating out of her mouth. "You almost stole a million dollars from your own husband?"

"He never knew about it until... well, I was I to know about the economy and shit. And then he started worrying about money all the time and hiding money because he said I was using everything up. I don't think he suspected anything and he wasn't if it wasn't for his nosey ass mother always casting suspicion on me. Then he made a lot of bad investments and buying this stupid startups to be some big Internet Mogul really messed him up. But I was going to be gone this week if it wasn't for the stupid shit Jezica did."

"So if I get Lethal to whack everyone, you'll get your money back and we'll be friends right?"

"Forever," Jezica promised, walking confidently up to Stefanie as if she had won.

"And if I don't help you out?"

"You really don't want to know the consequences of that, Stefanie," Jezica had nerve to threaten.

When she was arms length, Stefanie said, "That's far enough."

Jezica looked confused, but the back handed slap Stefanie delivered across her cheek cleared up any and all confusion.

"Don't you ever," Stefanie ordered through clench teeth. "Talk to me, think about me or say another word about me for the rest of your miserable life, Jezica. I never EVER want to see you ever again."

Jezica rubbed her cheek with tears about to burst out of her eyes and stormed out of Stefanie's house, slamming the door behind her.

Rubbing her hand, although it hurt, Stefanie felt very very good. Now she just had to get to the bottom of everything else.

Looking at the manila folder for a moment, Stefanie decided to get answers from Treasure. Getting her phone, Stefanie sent a quick text, "Where are you?"

Treasure shot back, "At lunch. Gastons."

Stefanie didn't answer back. She went over to her work desk to get the flash drive she had locked up. Her plan was to get the flash to Treasure for Lethal and while talking to Treasure, Stefanie could hopefully convince her to reveal the mystery man, plus the deceit of the Axel/Daxapholos mess and then all the crap Lauren and Jezica had done.

Once she retrieved the flash drive, she instantly noticed the blank drive missing from the side of her computer.

Had Jezica taken the flash drive? What was her plan?

Confusion set in and Stefanie really needed to speak Treasure. Her mind was too overwhelmed by everything.

Driving as quickly as possible, she forgot to text Treasure to let her know she was coming over there, but when she pulled up, she looked at her phone to see Treasure had texted, "Please don't come here, I can meet you wherever you are."

Worried Treasure may have left, she asked the valet if Treasure Heart had come and gone.

"Ms Heart is still in dining, ma'am," the valet assured Stefanie. "She would be in the lower level VIP booths."

Tipping the valet, she rushed in gripping the flash drive looking desperately for Treasure.

And then she heard Treasure's light, trusting laugh behind a closed curtained booth. Going to the closed curtain, Stefanie paused before and listened to Treasure's conversation. "I don't know if we should tell her now despite everything. Stefanie's fragile. She'll be overwhelmed to know the identity of her mystery man."

"But she's already been through so much, Treasure," a deep low voice replied. "You've got to see we can't do this to her anymore."

For the life of Stefanie, she couldn't catch the voice. Without waiting to hear another second, Stefanie opened the curtains and stepped in. She couldn't see the entire circular booth but clearly saw two people sitting where she stood.

She first identified Treasure's small frame sitting face forward. Their eyes met and Treasure's look of surprised was most likely just like Stefanie's, but then Stefanie looked at the guy with his back to the doorway and her heart caught in her throat as she saw Dexter turn around and look at her with a hard glare.