La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 6.2

"What did he say?" Stefanie asked trying to sound as coolly as possible.

"He asked a lot of questions about you, but when he became frustrated that he wasn't getting the right answers from me, he asked if it was possible to see you again."

At one moment, Stefanie really wanted to see him again, but seeing as her life seemed a wreck and getting worse with the friends in her life, was this really a good time to bring someone into her life like him?

Yet Treasure's terms were always the same: No Strings Attached.

"You can think about this," Treasure said feeling Stefanie's hesitation. "There's no shame in waiting."

"I don't know about all this, Treasure," she said warily.

"I won't rush you. I understand it was intense."

"How do you know?"

"I know enough."

Stefanie couldn't even begin to fathom how Treasure would know what happened in that hotel room with that stranger.

"Call me after you've had some time to think abut it."

"I have a lot of things to think about Treasure and not just this."

"We can always go for coffee. Anytime, but take all the time in the world with this client. He can wait. I want you clear headed when you see them again."

Getting off the phone with Treasure, she was in lighter spirits. Although the client was anonymous, the fact he has asked for her return gave her some confidence about her own life.

There was an email alert from Kenneth Bianchi and reluctantly she clicked open the note.

I have to check on an investment property in Ohio for a cousin immediately. I should be back in three weeks. I’ve looked over the numbers again and know you are trying to avoid the inevitable, but I urge you to first confront her before I take further legal action to retrieve your money property. KB

The familiar ill feeling tightened in her stomach, but at least this time knowing she had a little bit more time before she had to pressure her friends into anything, made her relax just a little. Maybe she could see the “stranger” again during that time to at least give her something to do while she waited for Kenneth to return to force her to make a decision on the money matter.

After looking at her social network again, she decided to take a shower and turn in early. Tomorrow she would try to open her mind to crunching the numbers and able to face her problems with her friends – or maybe not. Maybe she would hide in her loft for the rest of her life and be alone.

The idea was heart wrenching for her and she didn’t want to even think like that.

Maybe you could just meet with the “client” every once in a while and be okay like that.

She didn’t want to think like that either.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she opened her robe and looked at her body. According to statistics she was the average size woman with a fourteen-size body, flawless creamy brown sugar skin and dark brown hair with natural streaks of auburn that ended near the middle of her shoulder blades. Most times she kept her hair in natural braids because she ditched the perm about five years ago when Lauren had referred her to the worst beautician in Detroit and the chemicals had made Stefanie's hair almost fall out.

The thickness was just returning and Stefanie almost felt confident enough to wear her hair down all the time.

Looking closely at her face, she had only outgrown her adult acne a year ago and the constant dieting didn't touch the last twenty pounds she needed to lose.

Early the next morning she would walked to the gym about ten blocks away, which was her usual every other morning where exercised for about two hours and then returned home.

This was usually the only time she got out of the house, except for her monthly lunch & "club" get together with Jezica and Lauren, with the occasionally networking session or gathering with other geeks doing the same thing she did.

Sliding into bed, she sighed knowing her day tomorrow would be the same thing. Lauren would be dating a great guy, Jezica would be talking about the problem with marriage and Stefanie would be all alone.

Looking at the empty pillow next to her, she pushed it off the bed and rolled the other way.

Please take a moment to post a comment, favorite this story, vote for the story and even share with friends. thanks so much!