La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 20.2

Author note: Sorry for the delay. Child was sick and I had to take off the writer hat and become the mommy that she needs. Thanks for all your comments and please keep them coming and also share the story with someone else. Enjoy...

Lethal only raised a black brow in slight curiosity. “And he would be?”

"Wait, first off, who is this client that's so important that they'd even hire Nick to do something like this to me?"

"That's none of your business."

"But you expect me to help you, Lethal? Yet you give me no information? You aren't being fair."

"Life isn't fair. Spill the beans. Who is Nicolas Wright?"

“Another Computer software analyst I went to college with. Damn! He’s here in Metro Detroit. Why? And who the hell is this client?”

Lethal stood up sharply as if she had demanded his soul. Ignorning her question, he asked, “Can you help me track this Nicolas while he’s doing this? I want a better reason to shove my fist down his throat and send him to jail for stalking, hacking and whatever else I can pin to him and I need to catch in the act.”

She flinched at the imagery of Lethal’s fist in Nick’s mouth. “The software I designed should have easily activated the GPS location system immediately. You should know his location and where he’s been working from in order to get the information.”

“You don’t think I haven’t tried everything before I came to you.”

She knew that had been a dumb solution to suggest to Lethal. He was one of her rare clients that could come up with the solution she needed, but depended on her expertise as the final straw. “I could come up with a simple algorithm to go behind him. There’s always a trail and be on call to get into the system to stop and catch whoever this is. I mean maybe it’s something he designed that someone else is using.”

“You think it could be this Nick?”

“I know it has to be his work. We worked closely enough that he could probably guess where I’ve got a weak link at in the system.” She wrote down his address. “I designed that software in so much secrecy that the government even bought a version for one of their systems down in Langley, Lethal. Once it’s password encoded, even God might have a hard time breaking in. But Nick must have figured something out or he was the only one that could get to my notes.”

“So what about his cell phones and other devices? Could the client be tracked that way even if we’ve scanned each device?”

“Yes,” she said. “Someone as good as Nick could easily find out the unique signal each device transmit and create software to track him.”

“But can you stop this?”

“I can’t stop the signal, but I can hide it. I’ll make him a ghost and he can only be seen unless you want him to be seen. Let me tweak something I’ve been working on. I’ll need all electronic devices he uses including his car.”