La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 24.1

Sorry about the delay in the story. Been just a little bit busy and I wanted to do a little a little homework regarding the story. I've lost track a little bit I'm trying to catch up. I did read all the comments about fixing the names and such and I appreciate you guys catching the mistakes.

          A frantic knock drew her away from her computer reluctantly at noon just as she was saving the file to hand deliver to Treasure. Before getting up, she finished ejecting the flash drive from her computer and then placing the drive in the drawer of her desk. In her rush, she mistakenly dropped an empty flash drive on the floor, but quickly picked it up and placed it right by her keyboard to put up after she was done with whoever was at her door.

            Looking out the key hole, she sighed in frustration seeing Jezica standing there impatiently waiting for the door to open.

            "I know you're in there!" Jezica screamed, hitting the door as if she were the police. "Open this door!"

            Still, Stefanie hesitated, but then she felt she could use Jezica to see if she knew more of the truth. Before going to the door, she went to her room to gather the file about Daxopholos Black.

            Soon as she opened the door, Jezica came charging in screeching, "She's gone! She's gone with my money and everything else! I can't find her anywhere! Anywhere!"

            Taking a moment to digest the information, Stephanie stayed cool as she asked, "Give me the complete story, Jezica. What happened and are we talking about Lauren?"

            "Yes!" Jezica sneered between clenched teeth. "She took everything, sold whatever she could and just left, including all my money I've been saving that was in her name."

            "All your money was in Lauren's name? Was Nick money also?"

            "All the money I've been stealing from Nick I put in an account in Lauren's name. All of it was in there - close to seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars in all in that account. She also cleaned out the safe in the carriage house I had money there as well, Nick didn't know about either."

            Seeing that Lauren had did to Jezica what was done to her, Stephanie questioned indignantly, "Why do you really think I should care Lauren stole your money?"  

            Glaring at her appalled, "You have the nerve to act like you're something special, Stephanie, but you are not. Don't forget I know a hell of a lot more about your background than either one of us wants to admit to."

            Memories of the past and whispered conversations Stephanie has always tried to forget floated to the top of her mind. "None of which has anything to do with what's going on, Jezica, but most you just like making me feel miserable to make me feel guilty enough to help you out and forget about what you did to me," Stefanie pointed out taking control of the conversation again. "Lauren swindled us both-"

Jezica cut her off heatedly. "No, she swindled and conned you, but she outright stole from me! Can't you see this Dexter convinced her to do this?"