La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 17

Hey Readers, I'm celebrating Read an @ebookweek over on my website. I'd love for you to check out the deals and even new releases i'm planning for the rest of the week. I know you'll love it.

This is the entire Chapter 17     

Enjoy...

Guiltily, he bit his lip knowing he’d let something slip out that he wasn’t supposed to. “Okay, I’ll admit some things but only because I don’t want you to think I’m creepy. I’ve been watching you for the past six months trying to get the gumption to walk over there and speak to you.”

            “Watching me?”

            “Yeah,” he said as if that should be obvious.

            “Six months ago my younger sister calls me reluctantly to come over and pick her up because she was stranded. When she didn’t come out to the car, I came into the club and I saw you. Sitting at a booth while Lauren and Jezica constantly got asked to dance by other guys, I wondered why the hell didn’t anyone ask you and I wanted to ask you, but…” His voice trailed off and he looked down ashamed.

            Was that a blush? She’d never seen a grown man blush before and damn if that didn’t make him look even more handsome.

            When he looked back at her, he smiled rubbed his bottom lip nervously. “I hope this isn’t creeping you out.”

            Shaking her head, she was just in disbelief about what she was hearing. Had Lauren put him up to this to make Stefanie forget about how much money was owed? Would Lauren stoop so low to use her boyfriend’s boss to seduce Stefanie to forget about the money?

            Damn! Because the plan might actually work. Stefanie was finding herself very infatuated with Axel Black.

            “Please keep going,” she insisted. “Why didn’t you ever come over and introduce yourself to me and does this involve your employee, Dexter?”

            “Like I said, I was reading algorithms since I was ten. Math doesn’t teach you how to talk to girls, so I found myself confused about what to exactly say to you. On top of that, I never saw you speak to guys like me so I didn’t approach you."

            She interrupted him. "Guys like you?"

            He flushed. "White men?"

            Gasping in shock, she asked in a deadly serious voice, "You're white?! I just thought we were waiting for your color to come in."

            Axel looked absolutely dumbfounded and she couldn't help to chuckle in amusement.

She explained her teasing, "It's just a saying some people like to tell new mothers when the baby comes out too light."

            He smiled handsomely taking her breath away. Stefanie tore her eyes away because she was so tempted to kiss him.

            "Is that why you sent Dexter over?" she questioned. "Because you were shy and you thought I wouldn't like you because you were white. Even though you can clearly see we have so much in common?"

            "Yes, Stefanie, I did think my color could be a determent to you liking me. I hid in the crowd and just watched, but I was disappointed about Lauren's interference."

            "So was I. I think Dexter's pretty cute," she teased and noticed how he frowned flashing a little jealousy in his eyes. "But I think they'd been drooling with envy if you'd have come over instead of Dexter. I'd have love for you to have come over and sweep me on the dance floor..." She blushed this time. "Even though I don't know how to dance."