Chapter 11

Haley's p.o.v

We began training right away. We started off with a ten mile run after we all had changed into running clothes and after that we did two hundred crunches, a hundred and fifty push-ups, two hundred mountain climbers, thirty sets of suicides, and then we got a break. I could tell Jake wasn't used to this kind of workout but we were. We did this workout every weekend. I know he doesn't want me fighting but I'm one of the better fighters and I will not let anyone attack my family. Those b!tch a$$ hunters better watch their backs because they are going to be in for a treat.

Nobody messes with the people that I love. Jake stayed by me the whole time we were working out. I think it's because he knows that I am safe if I am by his side at all times. He better not be like that during the fight because I need my space to kick some hunter a$$. Once I got into the zone, I was beating everyone at suicides and working harder than ever. All I could think about was getting stronger so I can kill the hunters that are threatening my family.

At breakfast I felt so happy being around my pack and family with Jake. Everyone seemed to like him this morning and I was grateful for that. I need all the support I can get because once they find out who his dad is, the sh!t will hit the fan. And there's going to be a lot of sh!t hitting the fan because of how big my pack is. I don't think Jake realized how big they really were until everyone that was able to come to the beach was there.

I love having a big pack because our parties are big. Kids are always running around, teens are always playing sports, parents are laughing and having a few drinks, grandparents are being their old selves and telling the mates to go mate. Good times.

After two hours of working out Alpha Kyle said we could go rest. We bowed our heads at him and he walked off to find his wife, Alyssa. I feel bad for Alpha Kyle and Luna Alyssa because they can't have kids. They have been trying for years to have kids but Alyssa can't. It's really sad because they can't adopt and finding werewolf kids is hard. You have to go through so many adoption agencies and have to find a werewolf that's a social worker to find you a werewolf. Overall, it's a huge pain and is really tiring work.

"How...can...you guys...workout...so much...?" Jake said, stretching next to me.

"We workout like this every weekend," I said and sat on the sand. Jake followed but sat behind me and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to him. We sat in silence for a while just watching the waves crash on some rocks near the pier. "Why don't you want me to fight?" I turned my head to look at him and he sighed.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt. Plus, I don't want to lose you again," he said softly and kissed my forehead.

"You won't lose me. I'm one of the best fighters and one of the strongest," I told him and rubbed his arm that was around my chest. "You won't lose me again."

"Promise?" he whispered, leaning his head down to mine. "Promise me that you will be careful and you will come back to me."

"I promise, Jake. Nothing is going to happen to me," I whispered and leaned up to kiss him. "You will never lose me."

"Good," he said and turned me around so I was straddling him. Of course, my grandparents were walking by, hand in hand and were smiling at us.

"Go to that guest room!" my grandma yelled and my grandpa just shook his head. He isn't the most talkative but he loves us a lot. He may not say it but he shows it to us all the time. "Now, you kids. I'm serious. That mating process needs to be completed before the hunters come. You want to know why?" I began to open my mouth to reply but she kept talking anyways. "I'll tell you why. You both will be able to know where the other is at all times without even being near each other. You will be able to smell each other better. Well, your smells will make each other more aroused but there's nothing wrong with that. So you two get going!" She kept waving her arms towards the house and I knew that if we didn't leave now she would start yelling so I sighed and pulled Jake to the house. He gave me a questioning/very excited look and I just rolled my eyes.

"So, what are you thinking?" he asked and I shut the door, locking it so hopefully nobody will walk in.

"That I don't want my grandma to yell at us," I said and looked out the window to see my grandma giving me a thumbs up. Oh gosh, she is so embarrassing.

"Oh," Jake said, sounding disappointed.

"You really want to mate, don't you?" I whispered and looked away, feeling bad for making him wait.

"Hey, Haley," he said and made me look at him. "I said I would wait and I'm going to until you are ready. I don't want to pressure you into anything that you might regret."

"That's the thing, Jake. I know I wouldn't regret it. Even if it is earlier than I had wanted but not everything goes as planned," I said and wrapped my arms around him tightly. I could feel how hard his heart was beating and mine matched it. It was like our bodies were in sync.

"But I will wait. No matter what," he said.

"Does that really happen? Like what my grandma said? Will we be able to sense each other easier?"

"I don't know. I've never had a mate before," Jake said, smiling down at me. "But we can always try." I rolled my eyes and smacked him. "I was kidding, babe."

"I know," I told him as he pulled me to him. "But that would be nice to know where each other were, don't you think?" I was kind of trying to hint at him what I wanted but it wasn't really working. He looked confused so I leaned into his hear to whisper. "Maybe we should give it a try..." His eyes widened and I slowly backed away from him, smiling seductively, or what I thought was seductive. When he finally caught onto what I was saying I was sprinting away from him, laughing and feeling happy to be with him. Nothing could make this feeling go away right now.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 Let me know what you think!!!