Chapter 3

Haley's p.o.v

So I woke up and....my fever was gone! Now I am on my way to school to make the Varsity volleyball team! I'm so excited! I love volleyball so much but I love soccer even more. I couldn't wait until soccer season, then there was basketball, and track and that meant pole vaulting! It's hard but so much fun. Okay, back to volleyball. The coach knows I am trying out because we played a few games over summer break. Yeah, I know that's kind of weird but he is in my pack and we always played during our pack meetings or parties. Michael, the coach, is a great friend of my dads' so he has helped me improve over the years.

The one thing I love about volleyball is the spiking. I am the best spiker on the team but my cousins are second best. I love when we walk out onto the court and people look at my cousins like, 'whoa!' because they are twins, it's hilarious. If you don't know them, there is no way to tell them apart. They have all the same freckles, facial features, hair color, eye color but if you look close enough Jess has more brown in her eyes than Jane does. They are both really pretty. We all kind of look alike but since our dads don't look alike we are different in some ways. One, being the height and two, they have blond hair like their dad and I have dark brown hair like my dad.

"Haley! You are supposed to be in bed resting!" Jess said as she ran up to me. She put her hand to my forehead and frowned. "Your fever is gone. How the heck is it gone already?! It takes me days to get back to normal and it's only been a few hours for you! You lucky ass!"

"Whoa, language, feisty one!" I said laughing. "I just get over colds fast. All you need is a lot of sleep and that's what I got. Now, my temperature is at a healthy one-oh-eight!" I made sure to say my temperature quietly because there are humans around us and if they heard they would freak out. Us awesome werewolves have higher temperatures that humans, that's why we have a hospital specially designed for werewolves and no humans are allowed unless it's, like, a total emergency and they are about to die.

"Alright, girls! Line up! Haley, lead warm up and stretches," Michael said and winked at me. I smiled and made the girls start running around the gym with me and the other werewolves in the lead. We ran about five laps and all the human girls were panting. Wimps. After we finished stretching it was time for conditioning. This was only for the humans because my pack and I are all in great shape.

"Five suicides non-stop!" Michael yelled and once he blew the whistle we began running. My record time of suicides was ten seconds for each set. So put them together and you get less than a minute. I stopped and stood back with all the girls in my pack and we watched the humans struggle. We were having Varsity, Junior Varsity also known as JV and Frosh/Soph warm ups and conditioning together because it was easier. After a couple more sets of push ups, crunches, planks, fast step ups, and lunges, we finally got to the fun part, playing the game.

"Two!" I yelled to our setter, Alyssa. She set it and I spiked it right at one of the humans. She freaked and dodged away. "Sorry." I looked over at Michael who was trying hard not to laugh. We set up again and kept playing. I noticed that some of the new girls that were trying out weren't very good so I hoped it was just going to be us werewolves like it has been for the past few years. We haven't lost a game since me and my cousins began here freshman year. We are very proud of that fact.

"Jess! Jane! Haley! Alyssa! Come here for a sec!" Michael said and we ran over to him. "Why don't you go help out with the other girls? Coach Jackson looks like he is getting frustrated so try to help him out."