Chapter 16

Haley's p.o.v

It's been about a month since I've seen Jake. I guess he took my dad's words seriously. He was really going to stay away. I've gotten a lot bigger and I found out that I'm having twins! So strange...my aunt and my mom had twins and now I'm having twins! I'm actually excited to be having twins because they will keep me busy. Me and my parents have started a little nursery for them because I'm having a boy and girl. I decided to name them Zevandra and Zachary. I know they will be the cutest little babies ever! All the volleyball girls are excited for me, which I'm glad for. I'm actually the assistant Varsity coach and once I have my babies in the end of November I will be able to start playing soccer! My parents have been so supportive of me and my mom is going to help take care of my babies once I go back to school.

I still miss Jake, how could I not? He's part of me. But...he hurt me and my family and that just makes me not miss him as much. At night I always think of how it would be if he hadn't done that. Would we still be together? Or would there be something else that happened and we would end up in the same place? I feel bad for my babies because I don't know if they will ever have their dad in their life and that hurts me to think about. I actually loved the guy but I can't now. I stopped crying a week after he left and I haven't cried a single drop since.

To others I'm a really brave woman. To not have my mate around while I'm pregnant with his pups, it's hard but I thought it would be harder to deal with. Pretty much I'm the same as I was before I met him, except I have two growing babies in my belly. I just think it's strange that I really don't feel a thing for him leaving and I kind of want to know why. I told my parents about it and they just said that I'm in denial right now but I know that I'm not. I've accepted the fact that I won't have Jake in my life.

"Haley!" Jess said, waving her hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts of why Jake is hardly ever in my mind. Maybe I should ask this lady my mom knows. She is a witch after all. Maybe she will know what was happening.

"Oh, sorry. Whats up?" I asked and all our friends smirked.

"You were thinking about Jake again, right?" Jane said and I nodded.

"Not in that way, though. Like, I don't think about him in the same way, anymore. I don't feel any different than I did before I met him, except for the growing babies in my belly," I told them and they looked at me confused.

"Why don't you talk to Rozelda about it? I'm sure she can figure something out," Jane said. Rozelda is the witch I was telling you about. She has been a family friend since my mom and aunt were born.

"I was thinking about that, actually. Maybe Jake, like, had a witch or somebody cast a spell or whatever to make it seem like we were mates so he could get close and try to destroy us," I said and if he was still around, I think I would have felt more hurt but I was just furious. Why would anybody do that?

"We'll come with you. Just to make sure nothing bad happens," Jess said and I smiled. I loved my family. They were always there for me and since I got pregnant and Jake left, they have become really protective of me. It was lunch time and we were just laughing and having fun like we used to and I missed this.