Chapter 5

Haley's p.o.v

Oh my gosh...my brother looks really pissed. I knew he would find out sooner or later but I hoped he wouldn't find out like this. I was planning on telling him before our parents but he found out. I had forgotten that me and him had the same class...I guess I was just so worried about Jake that I had forgotten. I never thought that I would be so attached to someone within a day. Just thinking about Jake makes me smile and I know I won't be able to hide him from my parents for long.

Looking at Jake I knew I needed to intercept before things got out of hand. They both looked mad. Brayden was mad because Jake was all over me and Jake was mad because Brayden stopped him from being all over me. I was a little ticked off at my brother but not that much. Because Jake hadn't answered I saw Brayden look at him in a way that I knew, he was going to attack him. I never thought I would see the day that Brayden would kick a guys' a$$ for me...just I didn't want him to because the guy he wants to beat up is my mate.

"Brayden, calm down," I said and stepped in between them. My brother flicked his eyes to me and narrowed them.

"What? Are f***ing kidding me?! He was all over you!" he yelled at me and I flinched. I heard a growl behind me as I stared at Brayden in disbelief. He has never spoken to me like that. He spoke with such hate that it hurt.

"No, I'm not kidding," I said calmly and backed into Jake who wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What the heck are you doing, Hale?" Brayden asked me. I looked up at Jake, who was partially glaring at my brother, then looked back at my brother.

"He's my mate," I whispered so only the werewolves in the room would hear. I had looked down when I said that because I was afraid for some reason of what my brother would say. The whole class had gone quiet and were probably waiting for a fight. When my brother didn't answer and had gone quiet I looked up. He was looking at me with a regretful expression on his face.

I don't know why I was upset about the way he acted. I guess it was because he just assumed that Jake was taking advantage of me but I know he never would.

"Hales, I'm sorry. I-sh!t I didn't know..." my brother said and I just nodded.

"Um...If we could I would like to start the class now..." our teacher, Mr. Mason said. I just grabbed all my things and headed to the car I was fixing. I saw Brayden and Jake staring at each other. I knew that Jake was pissed off at him for yelling at me and I knew Brayden felt like crap for that but right now I just wanted to be alone. Fixing the car helped me to forget what happened and once the bell rang for the end of class I was in a better mood. As I was walking to my car to go home and rest until school was out and I had volleyball I felt someone walking next to me.

"Hey, Jake," I said and smiled a little. He smiled a little back at me and looked like he was thinking.

"Can I take you some place right now? Until school ends?" he said and bit his lip. That distracted me so much.

"Yeah, sure," I said and looked down while smiling.