Chapter 22

Haley's p.o.v

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm getting married! I'm getting married! I'm getting married!! I can't believe Xavier popped the question! No wonder he was so nervous but I don't know why...He should have known I would have said yes! I love the dummy more than anything...besides my babies, they are all my favorite people in my life. I can't wait until we get through college and have more kids. I'm loving being a mom. My kids are the first thing I wake up to, literally, and almost always the last thing I see before I go to sleep.

I can't keep the smile off my face as we talked and waited for our food. My life couldn't get any better at this moment. I have a wonderful family, amazing babies, and a wonderful fiance. What more could a girl ask for? I know my parents had something to do with all this because they were smiling like crazy. I wonder what my dad gave Xavier as we were heading out. I didn't get enough time to see since my mom hugged me tightly. The waiter was taking forever to get us our food and I was becoming impatient. Xavier wouldn't let me order saying that it was a surprise but I'm getting very impatient. I'm hungry and I want my food!

"Babe, calm down. The food should be here soon. Plus, we have time. There's no need to rush this night," he said and I went, 'awww' at how cute it was. I could only smile and hold his hand while looking into his gorgeous, capturing eyes.

"Sorry for the wait, it took a little while to prepare this meal. Hope you enjoy," the waiter said and I clapped my hands, eager to eat. Xavier laughed at me and took the lid off and I couldn't help the tears that came to my eyes. Under the top thingy, there was a nice big pizza with words written all over it.

"All these words are what I think of whenever I see you. I see your beautiful eyes, your amazing lips, our amazing children, the way you scrunch up your noise when you are thinking. I love everything about you, baby," he said and wiped the little tear off my cheek. I didn't have anything to say after that so I just leaned over the table and kissed him to show him how much I loved him.

"Well, let's eat!" Xavier said and I had no problem complying with that! The pizza was beyond amazing! It tastes so good and I couldn't help the little moans that came out every time I took a bite. I actually was so engrossed in the pizza that I hadn't noticed Xavier wasn't eating. He held his head in his hands and was breathing deeply.

"Xavier?" I said and he looked up. I could see the internal battle he was having with his wolf and I felt bad because I was the reason why. "Let's just pay and go home to our babies, okay?" He just shook his head and stood up. I was confused but once he put the money on the table and held his hand out for me, I realized that we were leaving, to where? I have no clue. Silently, we walked to the car and I was wondering where we were going.

"Where are we going? Home is back that way," I said, pointing behind us.

"I know," my fiance said, smiling at me. "We have one more stop tonight, then we can go home." I just stared at him apprehensively. I didn't really like the fact that we weren't with our babies right now. As if my mate could read my mind, he held my hand and kissed it while staring ahead at the road. It seemed like we were going on a longer drive than I thought so I took off my shoes and leaned back, getting comfortable. Before I knew it, my eyes were starting to close and I was having trouble staying awake.