Chapter 4

Haley's p.o.v

I have never felt better than I do in this moment. Kissing Jake was so amazing and the way his lips moved with mine...oh my gosh! I felt like I was in heaven. When he touched me, not inappropriately, but just held me, I felt like time stopped and that everything was focused on the two of us. Nothing else existed. I sounded like a girl, even though I am one, but I really don't care. All I care about is that I always feel like this. It was wonderful. Slowly my mind and body came back to reality and I pulled away from the amazing kiss to breathe and try to think. That was a little hard to do since Jake moved from my lips across my jaw and down my neck. When he got to where he would mark me, he licked the spot as I moaned at how wonderful it felt. Then I came to my senses and pushed him away so that he wouldn't mark me. If he did, I was in for a lot of happy screaming from my mom and loud, tense questions from my dad. I actually hadn't realized we had switched positions to where I was underneath my mate until now. I mean, it's not like I was complaining but now my wolf was because she missed his warmth. Looking down at myself I noticed my shirt had ridden up and my panties were showing. With a blushing face I pulled my shirt down and covered myself up but Jake had lifted my chin to make me look at him.

"I'm sorry," he said breathlessly. "I-I was losing control of my wolf but that will never happen again. I promise you it won't. I barely met you but you already mean so much to me." I looked down, smiling at how sweet he was. On the outside, he looked like a guy that you would definitely not want to mess with but it seemed like on the inside he was just a sweet guy. I can't wait to learn more about him.

"I know. You mean a lot to me too," I said smiling at him. "I'm sorry for pulling away. I just-right now I don't want to tell my parents about us. I feel like a total b!tch for saying that but I don't want to deal with all of that right now. My parents are...well to put it simply they are still like teens and get very excited but are really protective of me and...I'm rambling." He just chuckled and sat next to me, his shoulder touching mine.

"I get it. That's how my mom would be, too," he said and smiled sweetly at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"But as soon as I get the courage, we will tell them and I know they will be happy."

"I hope so," he said and kissed my cheek. "You better get back before they notice that you have taken a really long shower."

"Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about that!" I said and started to run but he stopped me by pulling me straight into his chest. I'm kind of feeling like he has an 8-pack and I am so loving that feeling.

"You forgot something and by the way, you have an amazing body so you don't ever need to hide from me," he said and smirked at me before leaning in to kiss me again. Right as his lips were about to touch mine I twisted out of his arms and started walking backwards.

"Maybe later, stud," i said and winked while he just looked shocked that I had gotten out of his grip. My dad didn't leave me defenseless. We have weekly training sessions, making sure I know how to protect myself. "If you hadn't forgotten, I have a shower that I'm supposed to be in." I smiled and before he could react I ran home, jumping onto the ledge of my window. When I turned around I could still see his silhouette in the same spot that I had left him. I knew I had a huge smile on my face as I headed back to my room and turned the shower back on so I can calm myself and my wolf down.