Chapter 17

Haley's p.o.v

I have my mate! I have my mate!! So glad to finally know the truth! I actually happy danced after I became unsquished by Rozelda and my family. I can't wait to tell my dad so that he knows I won't be with Jake and will have someone. I know he felt bad about banning Jake but once he finds out about Xavier, I know he won't feel bad anymore. I'm actually pretty ecstatic to find out that Xavier is my mate. He seems like a really sweet guy.

I couldn't stop smiling as I waited for my dad to get home. Lane was here but he had no clue as to why I was so happy. I mean, could you blame me? Like, wouldn't you be so happy if you found out that the mate you thought was your mate that had caused all this crap with you and your pack wasn't actually your mate? Um...I kinda confused myself there but you get the point, I hope...

"Why are you so happy, Haley? You confuse the hell out of me sometimes!" Lane said and got smacked upside the head.

"Don't say hell," our mom said and we all started laughing. We were like how we used to be, all laughing and joking around with each other and most of all, happy. I guess everyone knew that soemthing with Jake wasn't right and I should have believed everyone. Not that Jake could control it but oh well, it's over and done with and we both have our mates. Our true mates. Just thinking that made me smile brighter. I could see why Lane would get confused. Just this morning I was crying and upset and now I can't stop smiling!

"Your father is here!" my mom squealed and ran to do whatever...I knew but I don't like seeing them making out all the time. They walked back in with my dad looking confused but with all the lip stains on his cheek and his lips now a red color from my moms lipgloss he looked really funny.

"Um, what's going on?" he asked and my mom made him sit down in his chair that only he can sit in.

"Daddy, just relax," I said and he looked apprehensive but got more comfortable.

"Alright, now somebody tell me what the-" he said but my mom smacked him. "What? I was going to say heck!"

"Don't say heck either!" my mom said trying not to laugh. "We can't have that kind of language around the grandbabies!" She ran over and started talking to my stomach which was a little weird and I don't know if I like that or not. I drew the line when she started to rub my tummy. I mean, I'm not that big!

"Whoa! Hands off the belly, woman!" I said, trying to act serious but it didn't work out too well as I started laughing.

"You better get used to that becuase that's how I'm going to wake you up every morning," my mom said and I rolled my eyes as she sat on my dad's lap. "Alright, go on big mama! Tell your dad the good news!" My mom looked so happy for me and I couldn't help but be grateful.

"Okay, well...Jake isn't my mate, Dad," I said and his face fell, not the reaction I was hoping for. He flew out of the chair and my mom went falling to the floor but just as her face was about to hit the carpet he caught her while staring at me. "Now, don't get upset, Dad. There's a logical explanation for this. You see-"