Chapter 23

Haley's p.o.v

Right now, I woke up in the best way ever, in my mates' arms. His very muscular arms at that. I can't keep the smile off my face, knowing that we are fully mated now. No, I will not be having kids right now because we were smart and used protection. To say that last night was wonderful was an understatement. It was...well, with the lack of a better word, amazing. I wouldn't have changed last night at all. Everything was perfect and well planned out. When I realized that we were at my favorite place, I was so happy. I haven't been here in years and I haven't realized just how much I missed it.

This house has always been my dream house. I told myself many years ago that when I found my mate and we were financially stable, we would live here. I hope we do, because it's so gorgeous and calming, the place I love the most besides my parents house. Speaking of my parents, I really don't know how they acted so calm around me because neither of them can keep a secret for sh!t. They always have these smiles on their faces that give everything away. Yeah, they are kids at heart and I love that about them. They aren't afraid to be silly and act like kids and don't care what others think about them acting that way, they love it.

I decided that since Xavier did all of this for me, I would make him breakfast in bed. The guy is a heavy sleeper so I was able to get out of his grasp and go to the kitchen after putting his shirt on. I love wearing his shirts because they smell so good and are really comfortable. Once I got to the kitchen, I looked through the fridge and got out some eggs, flour, and all the ingredients to make chocolate chip pancakes, Xavier's favorite. I love baking and cooking because it's calming, plus I love to eat so...yeah. Once I made about a dozen pancakes, I made some syrup then grabbed a tray with some orange juice on it and carried it back to the room where Xavier was still asleep. I giggled and quickly walked over to his side of bed and sat the tray on the table then sat next to my fiance.

"Wake up," I whispered but he just sighed. "Baby, wake up. I got breakfast for you." Of course, that woke him up and I smiled widely at him and brought the tray over so he could eat. He better be sharing with me because I am hungry.

"Wow, you did all of this for me?" he asked and started digging into the pancakes.

"Well, you did a lot for me last night, so I think you earned breakfast in bed."

"I love you," he said and kissed me. "These are amazing. You would make an excellent stay at home mom." I just rolled my eyes and watched as he ate about half of the pancakes then groaned. "I'm so full! Why'd you make so many?"

"So I can eat them, duh!" I said and started digging into them. Oh man, they were amazing! I couldn't help the little moan that made its way out of my mouth as I ate the last pancake. I was pretty stuffed.

"Well, that was hot," Xavier said, watching me intently. I giggled and pushed him away lightly, not knowing how close to the edge of the bed he was. I couldn't help the laugh that came out of my mouth as he fell to the floor. "You better run!" Of course, I bolted out of the room, to the bathroom and attempted to shut the door but he was too quick and pushed it open, cornering me.