Chapter 21

Haley' p.o.v

My babies are so amazing! I never knew that being a mom would be this wonderful. I get to cuddle with them and hold them and just give them so much love. What makes it even better, is having Xavier by my side the whole time. He has been so helpful with changing diapers, rocking, burping, and cuddling the babies. He can't really help out with feeding since I breastfeed...unless he grew some milk overnight or something. My mom, oh gosh, she cannot get enough of the babies. She helps us out so much whenever we are tired. She loves kids a lot and I don't mind handing them over to her when I need a little hour break.

Zevandra...that girl can eat! She eats more than her brother. I just can't wait until they get older so we can play with them more. They are now almost a month old and that means that I have to go back to school. I have no idea how I'm going to leave them. They are my whole life now and I don't know how I'm going to be apart from them. We take them on a walk every day so that they can get out of the house and feel the fresh air. I'm looking forward to when they are able to walk. It will be so much nicer than having to push the stroller all the time.

Zachary is my baby boy. He has my eyes and dark hair that makes his eyes pop out even more than mine do. He likes to laugh a lot, especially when Xavier blows on his tummy. He has the most contagious laugh that can make an old angry man laugh. Not kidding either. We took him to the park and he started laughing and this older man looked at us all angry then burst out laughing. It was pretty great to know that my baby made his day.

Right now I am trying to do my homework. Key word...trying. It's not working out very well because Xavier is playing with my hair and it feels so amazing. It was, like, moan worthy amazing! I think I even moaned a few times but knocked his hand away so I can focus on my work. Xavier just laughs when I slap his hand away then waits for a few minutes before playing with my hair again. He sure knows how to make me both mad and excited at the same time.

"Hi, babies!" Xavier said after I had slapped his hand for the hundredth time today. He picked up Zevandra who has him wrapped around his little finger and smiled at her. "Hi, baby girl. I can't wait for you to grow up more so that I can make the guys stay away from you. And as for you little boy, you better get the girls. Got to be just like your daddy-ow!" he turned to me and glared/smiled while I just shook my head.

"What he needs to do is not get any girls pregnant unless they are his mate," I said, smiling at my baby boy. I grabbed him up in my arms and cooed at him. I love my babies so much, nothing can ever change that. What's strange is that Zevandra has Xavier's beautiful eyes. I'll have to talk to my family about that.

"That, too," Xavier said and smiled at our baby girl. All I could think about was the song, "All-American Girl" by Carrie Underwood. It's about a little baby girl who has her daddy wrapped around her finger and does she ever! She's gonna be a daddy's girl. I hope Zachary is a momma's boy because I love this little guy.

"Haley!"  my mom yelled outside my door.

"Yeah, Mom?" I said and she walked in and instantly grabbed Zachary from me.

"I was hoping you and Xavier would like to just go out for dinner by yourselves tonight? I'll take care of the kids since Julianne and your grandmas are coming over," my mom said. I smiled brightly at my mate, hoping he would say yes. We haven't had a proper date since the babies were born.

"That'd be great, Blayz! Thank you so much!" Xavier got up and hugged my mom while holding our girl.

"Alright! Better get ready because reservations are in an hour," my mom winked at me and walked out with the babies. I quickly got up and went through my closet. I picked out a cute Camisole with some skinny jeans and flats. After doing my hair, I put some makeup on then headed out. Xavier looked so hot in his tie. I couldn't help but look him up and down while biting my lip. When our eyes met, I saw how much lust he had in his eyes and if we didn't go soon, we wouldn't be leaving this room. As if sensing our arousal, my dad walked in and rushed us out of the house. Something was up, but I don't know what exactly.

"You ready, babe?" my mate asked and I just nodded, feeling nervous for some reason. Maybe it was because I wasn't with my babies but I don't know, it could just be nerves for how tonight is going to go.

"Yeah," I said quietly and he took my hand as we drove away. I felt calmer as his hand intertwined with mine and he held it against his lips, kissing them constantly. The restaurant we pulled up to was so amazing and I was shocked at the place my parents picked. Of course, being the gentleman my mate is, he made me stay in the car so he could open my door. I love this guy.

"Come on, beautiful," he said and I held his arm as we walked to the front doors. "Um, reservations for Ross."

"Right this way," the waiter said and lead us to a small room in the back. It was lit with candles everywhere and so beautiful that I almost started crying. I'm still a little hormonal. "I'll be back in a few minutes to take your orders. Here's some breadsticks. Please enjoy." The waiter left and we set to eating the breadsticks.

"Why are you so nervous?" I asked Xavier. He was fidgeting and wasn't really eating the breadsticks which he loved.

"Uh, well, it's just our first date since the babies and I-uh, I'm just a little nervous," he said as I picked up a breadstick while staring at him. As I lifted the breadstick to my mouth, I felt something hit my hand and I looked down. Oh my gosh! Is that a ring?!!!! I looked up at Xavier who looked so nervous as he got down on one knee. I was smiling brightly at him because I already knew my answer.

"Haley, my sweet, beautiful, amazing mother of our babies, will-" I stopped him and jumped up.

"YES!" I said and he put the ring on and smashed his lips onto mine. Nothing could make this night worse, nothing! My dreams were coming true. Yeah, I didn't plan on having kids until after college but plans change and I love how my life changed because of this guy. I love him so much. Just thinking about marrying him and being his makes me excited. I can't wait to start wedding planning.

____________________________________________________________________________________

SOOOOO????? Whatcha think??? It's a little short but it's something:)