Chapter 14

Haley's p.o.v

I'm still in darkness, everywhere I turn, I can't see. Until I started seeing a bright light and a figure walking towards me. Once the figure got close I wanted to cringe away or run but I had no idea where I was. Now standing in front of me was the person I never ever wanted to see, my mate's dad. Why was he here? I was becoming freaked out by his cinical smile and I wanted to cry but I wouldn't, I had to be strong so I can leave this awful place. I have no idea how long I have been here and it was starting to get to me. I felt like I was about to go crazy with every minute or second, or whatever time has passed.

"Hello, Haley," he said in a creepy voice. "You look just like your mother. Too bad you're the daughter of that asshole who took my beautiful girl away from me!"

"He didn't take her away from you! She wanted to be with him, not you," I said, starting to become angry.

"I see you have your mother's anger also," he said and smiled at me. "Do you know why I am here?"

"No," I said through clenched teeth.

"I'm here to take you with me," he said and lunged for me.

"No! Get off me you creep!!" I yelled, trying to stop him from taking me towards the direction he had walked to me from. "Jaaaakkkee!!!"

Jake's p.o.v

I woke up with a start, sitting up fast. I looked around the room to see nobody had woken up with me making a lot of noise. I don't really know why I woke up, I just know that I felt the need to and that my wolf was becoming restless. It's been over a week since Haley was shot and I wasn't sure if she was ever going to wake up. She can't even respond to the doctor pinching her or anything and I hate it. I wish I was the one that got shot, not her. I was the one in wolf form and yeah I might be in a coma like she is now but my wolf would have been able to heal me. I would have been healed by now.

I looked to my mate and saw her in the same state that she was in before I fell asleep. I haven't dreamt of anything since the incident. I don't know why either. It's weird to have a dreamless sleep,  maybe it's because me and my wolf are restless. I wish that was it, though. For three days I have had a huge headache and a fever but I've been keeping it to myself so that I don't worry anybody. My mom came by a few days ago to check up on me and see how I was doing but that's it. I think it's hard for her to see others with their mates and I don't blame her. I wouldn't be able to handle it if I lost Haley, either.

Me and her family, beisdes Brayden who still thinks I am the one who got her shot, get along so much better. Lane has been by my side this whole time and whenever people tell him to leave he won't because I won't. I don't mind the company, we get along great. I was a little apprehensive to talk to Haley's family because I'm not used to a family. It's always been just me and my mom so being around people that love each other so much, it's kind of hard because I never grew up with that.

As I was falling back asleep in the little bed I had next to my mate's I was woken up again and more confused then ever. I felt like I was being pulled towards Haley and it was creeping me out a little. Don't get me wrong, I wanted nothing more than to be with my mate but having my body being pulled to her was a little weird. It's just the feeling was weird, like my skin was just being pulled to hers. I stood up and held her hand, wondering what's going on. It was dark in the room so I couldn't see that well but I could tell that Haley was looking better, which made me happier. As I continued to be a creeper and stare at her, I saw her mouth twitch and I got excited.