8) Emotional

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt)

OCs: Panther (Emery), and the Shadow]

Feelings of fear and panic suddenly struck Kurt, but he knew these weren't his own. Emery had to be projecting her emotions like she projected her voice into his head. Wait a minute; if she could do that, then perhaps she could use her powers.

'Emery, Emery can you hear me?' Kurt directed his thoughts towards her.

'Kurt? You're in my brain?'

'No, I'm in mine. You've got your powers back.'

'How come we're not drowning or something?'

'I'm not sure. But it seems as if we don't need to breathe inside this plasma.'

'Plasma... plasma... Oh! Kurt! We're probably in another dimension.'

'Thank you for the obvious answer Em, but how does this help us?'

'One: don't call me Em, we're not that close. And two: that means the rules are different for my powers.'

'The only closer we can get from here is sex, Em.'

'Don't call me Em!'

'Why not, Em?'

Now he was getting on her nerves. Her eyes began glowing purple. While Kurt's eyes were shut to keep the goop out of them, he sensed that her eyes were glowing. That's right: antagonize her. Get her powers amped. Maybe she would get them out of this dimension.

'Shut up.'

He wrapped around her.

'Would you be reacting the same way if we had had sex already, Em?'

The plasma around them began to shift.

'I bet you wouldn't, Em.'

The plasma began to bubble.

'Silence means you don't vont to answer because you know I'm right.'

Everything around them began to glow.

'What's the matter Em, upset because I understand you? You know, I can feel all of your emotions right now; you're projecting them at me involuntarily. They prove me right. You do want me to be your mate. You do want me to prove it, to claim you sexually. You do want me to call you Em, but you're upset because the last person that called you Em left you. They abandoned you.'

'Shut up. Shut up. Shut up!'

'There's no point in shutting up when I'm only speaking the truth. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean I shouldn't say it.'

'Go away! Go! Just shut up! Go away!'

She was panicking, just like she had before.

'Run away home, mädel Em.'

That was the last straw. Her brain snapped. Instantly the portal between the two dimensions opened up and tossed the two of them onto Emery's bed like they had never left. What they failed to notice, again, was the shadow. It followed them through the portal, and once the portal was sealed, it slunk out of the window and out into the world.

Emery was still in a panic. This time, to calm her down, Kurt decided to try something different. He carefully pinned her beneath him, which wasn't hard considering she was just lying there with her eyes clenched shut. He turned her face towards him with one hand, and ever so gently placed a kiss upon her lips.

[Author's Note: How are you liking the story so far?]