12) Rogue vs Panther.... what?

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), Rogue (Marie), Gambit (Remy), and Beast (Dr. McCoy)

OC: Panther (Emery)]

Kurt held her close to him. He kissed her forehead.

This was the first thing about her past she had told him.

"Emery," he cooed. "It's okay. You're here now, with me, und I'm not going anywhere."

She wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his neck.

"Is he the only one that's ever called you Em?"

She nodded.

"I'm nothing like him, Emery. I'm not going anywhere. I think your tail und ears are niedlich. I like them. It's as if you are made for me."

Kurt wrapped his tail gently around hers, and one hand strayed from her back to the top of her head, where he massaged the base of her ears with his fingers. She melted beneath his hands, relaxing and purring.

~

Kurt woke up the next morning, still on the couch, to a pillow being thrown against his head.

"Would the two of ya'll get up. Remy sent me to get Emery; she's late for Target Practice," Rogue yelled at the two of them.

Kurt shook Emery. "Wake up, Em."

'I'm awake,' she shot mentally.

"Up, up, let's go," Rogue said pulling Emery to her feet. "You're late for Remy's target practice."

Kurt caught the look in Emery's eye as Rogue dragged her outside to the range. He sighed in exasperation, "Oh boy."

He teleported out to the range in time to see Rogue dragging Emery across the yard. Well, Rogue was still getting her way, still alive. That meant that Emery was reeling in her temper. Granted, she had started to lay off Rogue more so than the others once she learned that he and Rogue were practically siblings. The Professor, Rogue, and he were the only people she was opening up to. He needed to think of a way to get her to trust the rest of the x-men. Maybe the Professor was right, and getting her into classes would push her to do so.

"Get out of my head, suga'," Rogue told Emery.

Emery pulled her mind out of Rogue's. Oh, this no mental communication situation was going to be annoying.

"I can get there myself Rogue."

"Do you know where it is?"

"...No."

"Then I'm bringing you there."

~

"Whatchu doin' here?" Remy asked. "You're not scheduled for my class," he said in his thick Cajun accent.

"I don't have class for a few more minutes. I vanted to make sure Emery vasn't going to freak out on mein sister."

"Chérie can handle herself."

"No she can't."

"You're saying my chérie can't fight?"

"No, I'm just saying Emery is destructive if angered."

"Chérie can take her."

"You're wrong."

"We'll see about that, 'ere dey come."