7) Plasma?

[Author's Note: Ya'll love this story and I want to write it for those that are commenting and telling me how much they love it. Your comments are appreciated. n_n

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt)

OCs: Panther (Emery), and the Shadow]

Emery heard what he said. What was he talking about? Emery didnt need anyone, especially a mate.

Her mind began to wonder. Mental voices starting with Kurt and reaching farther and farther from the room seeped into her brain. Jean, Scott, Bobby, Logan, The Professor, Kitty, Ororo, Spike, Amara, Rogue, Beast, and many more all chattered inside her brain. She tried pushing Kurt away from her. She needed space to think. She needed to get out of there. Run away. She couldn't move. Kurt's arms held her firmly in place. Let go. Let go. Let me go. Let go. Too much. So many. Leave. Go.  Disappear. Her mind cycled frantically.

~

The noise inside her brain was gone. What happened? Emery opened her eyes.

'Kurt,' she called mentally to the boy who was still wrapped around her. 'Kurt?' He didn't respond.

"Emery, where are we?" Kurt asked.

'I don't know.'

"Emery, come on. Where are we?"

'I said I don't know.'

"This isn't funny Emery," Kurt said standing up and looking around. The ground was a barren dark purple. Purple lava seemingly made from plasma seemed to be bubbling and running along the ground at various points.

'I don't know where we are,' she said mentally again.

Kurt turned to her. "Now ist nicht der time zu stop talking zu me!"

Emery smiled mentally. Okay, so she kind of liked his accent. This wasn't the time to be smiling though. If he couldnt hear her, maybe she could hear him. She tried tapping into his mind. There was nothing but silence.

"Kurt," Emery said out loud. "I can't communicate with my mind."

He froze. Emery spoke. Emery had spoken, verbally. He stared at her. Wait she couldn't communicate? She couldn't use her mind at all? Her mind definitely brought her here. If she couldn't use her mind at all could they get back?

"You brought us here. Can you bring us back?"

Emery tried and shook her head. "I can't use my mind at all, and I have no idea where we are."

Kurt took her hand. "Ve should look around; see if we can find un vay out of here."

Emery nodded her head in confirmation.

As they searched around this barren land, a shadow slipped around the plasmic lava flows, gliding gracefully behind them. Neither one of them noticed its presence, nor the sinister way it followed them.

They discovered that while Emery held no power here, Kurt still had his power of teleportation. However, it didn't matter how hard he tried, he couldn't teleport back to the mansion, or anywhere else on earth.

"What is this non-sense?" Emery asked, squatting down to poke at the purple plasma-like goo.

"Don't touch that!" Kurt pulled her away.

"Why not?"

"Do you normally touch things that could harm you?"

"How do I know it will harm me unless I touch it? Besides it looks like the plasma that I work with, that's not harmful at all. Well, unless you eat it."

Kurt stared in horror as she stuck her finger into the goo. When nothing happened, she continued to push her hand even deeper into the said "lava". It began to glow.

"Emery I don't think..."

He had been about to tell her that wasn't such a good idea when the goo started to pull her into itself.

"Kurt," she said nervously. "I can't get out."

"Siehst du, das war keine gute idee."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back, trying to get her out of the goop without having to touch it himself. It did no good, the sludge continued to pull her in. Slowly, like quicksand, it absorbed the two of them, leaving them in perpetual darkness only penetrated by the purple plasmic glow that composed the substance.

[Author's Note:

{1.28.2018} Siehst du, das war keine gute idee. = You see, that was not a good idea.]