41) Weilder

[Author's Note: For the sake of storyline we are going to assume Kurt and his generation (think evolution) were about 15 when they joined the x-men, give or take a few years. Then there are the older adults with their varying ages. Kurt's 22, which means Kurt's generation joined 7 years ago, about. Emery's 19. Kenneth as you should be able to figure out eventually is 25.

X-Men Characters in this Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), the Professor (Charles Xavier), Storm (Ororo), Gambit (Remy), Rogue (Marie), and Wolverine (Logan)

OCs: Panther (Emery), Chet, and Kenneth]

"So if it wasn't Emery's portal, than whose was it?" Kurt asked the Professor.

"A long time ago, Cerebo picked up on a mutant with similar powers as Emery has. This mutant was, however, not willing to join the x-men. He caused quite a ruckus and in the process killed many people. We were forced to lock him away."

"The same place Marcus was locked away?"

"Yes. There is only one mutant prison, whether that is fortunate or unfortunate depends on a person's point of view I suppose."

"So who was this person?"

"His name was Kenneth Weilder."

"Does nicht sound familiar."

"It may be unimportant. I will explain more if necessary. Let us go and see if Cerebo can locate Emery."

It didn't take long for the Professor to realize that Cerebo could not find Emery.

"I do nicht understand," Kurt said when the Professor told him the bad news. "She's not wearing one of the collar gadgets, so why can't Cerebo find her?"

"It may simply be that she is not using her powers."

They slipped into silence as the Professor continued to search with Cerebo and Kurt fell into a deep train of thought.

"Professor," Kurt started. When the Professor removed the helmet and looked at him he asked, "You said Emery consistently used her powers, in her mind, correct?"

"Correct."

"And Cerebo picks up on every mutant even those in the mansion using their powers, correct?"

"Yes, but what are you trying to say?"

"Can you check something for me?"

"Of course."

"How many times has Cerebo picked up on Emery's powers?"

The Professor typed on the keyboard, and opened history files and filtered out all but those involving Emery. Only two times appeared on the screen.

"That can't be right." The Professor frowned. "It hasn't picked up on any of her incidents anywhere, before or after this one, except for the coordinates the other night."

"When was that one?"

"It was the day we went to get her: the alert which caused us to go rescue her."

"I thought maybe it could nicht pick up on her. But I haven't a clue as to how those got through."

The Professor thought a moment and then said, "Perhaps someone is shielding her from Cerebo."

"Is that possible?" Kurt asked, confused.

"In theory."

"If that ist true, denn is there any way we can find her?"

"There may be one way," the Professor said and put the helmet back on, fingers returning to the buttons before him. "We will have to go through whoever is shielding her."