27) Interrogation

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} Edited through

X-Men Characters in this Chapter: Nightcralwer (Kurt), Professor X (Charles Xavier), Rogue (Marie), and Gambit (Remy)

OCs: Bad Guy 1 (with the mention of Bad Guy 2) ~~~ I'll give them names this time I promise.]

The Professor had set up a mind link between Cerebo and Kurt. This way Kurt, who was the one that could teleport into the prison where the two men were held, could communicate with the Professor and whoever was in the room with the Professor. Kurt didn't much care about who could see into his mind right at this moment. All he wanted was to find out everything these idioten knew about Emery. Thanks to the map that the Professor X was able to attain, Kurt was able to teleport into the exact cell that the first guy was in.

He arrived with a poof of sulfur-smelling smoke in the corner of cell 483.

"Henry Falenjer."

Henry yelped in a conglomeration of fear and surprise. "Who's there?" he called out shakily.

"Now why would someone without mutant powers get locked inside a solitary confinement cell?" Kurt cooed almost wickedly.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?"

"That doesn't matter. You need to answer questions for me. If you answer them, I won't hurt you."

"W-What?"

"First question: Do you remember the girl that you kidnapped and got you put in here?"

"I-I..."

"Henry, just answer the question," Kurt sighed.

"I remember her."

"Good. Now: Where did you and your partner find her?"

"She was already curled up on the bed. Ricky and I just tied her up."

"Richard Harly?" Henry didn't respond. "Was it Richard Harly?" Kurt asked more firmly.

"Yes! Yes, it was him," Henry said panicky.

"Why are you and Richard in solitary confinement?"

"Because Ricky's a mutie!"

"Did you know that?"

"No, he was always so gung-ho about catching and selling muties I just assumed he hated them."

"Who were you planning on selling Emery to?"

"Who's Emery?"

"The girl, Henry! The girl with the cat ears and the tail."

"She... we.. why does that matter?"

"Answer my question!" Kurt steamed.

~

"Kurt you need to calm down," the Professor said into the Cerebo communicator. Sure, he was gathering some information. But what they really wanted to know was how they as a non-organized duo captured those with mutant abilities.

"How's he doin'?" Rogue asked the Professor.

"He's worried about Emery."

"Of course he is. We all are."

"Yes, but he loves her and it is affecting how he's functioning. I still believe Kurt is the best one for this interrogation."

"Ya sure Professor?"

"I'm sure."

~

"How do you capture mutants?"

"We use dispelling bands."

"What are those?"

"They're collars or cuffs or other things that send off mutant-neutralizing impulses. They make mutants unable to use their powers and then we just handle them like we would people."

"So mutants aren't people?" The Professor was in his head again telling him to relax. "Never mind. Where do you get these bands from?"

"There's a physicist that created them. He makes them all and sells them to the top bidder. We got ahold of one and the pay was so good after we were able to buy more."

"And now I kill you," Kurt said in a flat voice. He wasn't going to actually do it. He just wanted to scare the guy.

"No! No, please. The guy's name is Dr. Luxemberg. You can find him in the research center on the east side of town."

Nightcrawler teleported out of the cell, leaving the smell of sulfur behind.

~

Gambit was waiting in the car outside the prison. Kurt hopped in the passenger seat and Gambit took off towards the Institute.

"Did we get what we needed?"

"Ja."

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} idioten = morons]