18) Shattered Memories

[Author's Note: I apologize for the awkward spacing and the excessive song lyrics, but it was part of my story.  It's kinda short as well (if you take the lyrics out) but I wanted to get it up before I head to class in like... two minutes exactly. So, I will probably write more tomorrow. Enjoy this chapter until then. 

{5.20.2013} I probably should have explained this quite a few chapters ago, but ~ means it is switching between point of views (POVs).  I'm assuming ya'll picked up on that already though. So... read! lol

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

Songs Used: (Breathe - Michelle Branch), (Stand - Rascal Flatts), and (Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic! At the Disco)

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt

OC: Panther (Emery)]

Emery was dizzy. Oh so very dizzy. She couldn't tell which way was up nor which way was down. Her mind was buzzing like a swarm of bees were nesting inside of her head. She couldn't remember what had just happened. All she could remember was that she was running. Where? Where was she running? She couldn't remember. Oh... that's right. She wasn't running to someplace, she was running away from someplace. But, what was the place she was running from? Why was she running? Her mutant powers had to be the answer. She'd messed up again. Or rather, her mutant powers had gone cataclysmal again, dangerous for those around her, and this time, dangerous for herself as well.

She found that she couldn't move. Her body was tingling with a thousand needles on every inch of her skin. There wasn't anything she could physically do right now. So she began to sing. Singing had worked last time. It had brought all of her memories back, even the ones she hadn't wanted to remember. It couldn't hurt to try it again.

I've been driving for an hour

Just talkin' to the rain

You say I've been drivin' you crazy

And it's keepin' you away

So just give me one good reason

Tell me why I should stay

Cause I don't want to waste another moment

Saying things we never meant to say

~

Kurt approached the edge of the crater slowly, ensuring his own footing so he didn't end up mangled at the bottom like he was envisioning Emery. Her beautiful voice was suddenly filling the air with song. He let out a puff of air he hadn't realized he'd been holding. She was alive. If anything, she was still alive. He carefully made his way to the bottom of the crater, stepping carefully, afraid to teleport and misread his distance or his balance. He could accidentally hurt her more.

A few minutes later found Kurt kneeling beside Emery in the center of the crater. He was afraid to touch her, unsure if it would cause her more pain, if she was even in any at all. Her eyes were closed and for a minute, he just listened to her sing.

And I, I

Take it just a little bit