6) Mates

[Author's Note: Anything misspelled in Kurt's speech is not incorrect. It's either to emphasis his German accent or it's actually a German word.

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt)

OC: Panther (Emery)]

He lucked out. He found her lying on her bed, the room swirling with purple antimatter particles.

“Emery?”

‘Get. Out.’

He found himself against the wall with the door to her bedroom slammed in his face. He shook his head. What was he going to do with her? The Professor had told him that she was his responsibility and verdammt he was going to take that seriously. He teleported back into her room, this time on her bed. Swiftly, before she had time to react, he bit into her neck. The room stopped spiraling with antimatter, and the tension in the room seemed to disappear.

Emery probed into his mind.

‘Why must you do that?’ she said faintly.

‘It calms you down,’ he responded mentally. ‘You don’t listen wenn you’re all vorked up.’

Kurt wrapped his arms around Emery. She allowed him envelope her and the two of them curled up together on her bed. After a few minutes, when he was sure she’d calmed down Kurt released his jaw. He licked at the bite mark he’d left there.

“Good now?”

She nodded.

“You shouldn’t attack people like that. Ve are x-men, ve fight to protect people, even if they hate us for being mutants.”

‘I don’t want to protect people.’

‘Und vhat do you vont?”

Emery didn’t answer him.

After a few moments of silence,

“Do you... vont me?” Kurt asked gently. He was promptly pushed off the bed.

He peered over the side of the bed. Emery was curled comfortably on top of the blankets with her tail snaked around one of her legs and her cat-like ears lying flat on her head. She was adorable. Kurt cautiously reached his hand out to pet her. When she didn’t attack him, he rubbed the base of her ears. Instantly, she began to purr.

Kurt smiled. Emery was tough. She was strong-willed, strong-minded, and tough to please. He loved that he could make her relax, that she trusted him enough for that.

Kurt crawled back onto the bed and pulled her close. He kissed at her neck, vividly remembering the time when he first bit her. It felt like he was claiming her, and he thought, that he had. He thought she belonged to him. He had felt this way since. Then he remembered: Emery’s mutation was one of a cat. She likely functioned as such. When cats mate, they bite as a claiming feature, even though they don’t stay with the same mate in most cases. That’s alright; he was going to mention it anyway. He wanted her to want to be with him.

“Emery, you know, that bite wenn ve first met, that was a mate-claiming bite. That means if you vont me to be your mate, I will be.”

He nuzzled his face into her neck and waited for her to respond to him.