28) Collision

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} Edited through for errors

X-Men Characters in this Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), Gambit (Remy), Rogue (Marie), and Beast (Hank McCoy)

Stormfiregirl's character Bio-hazard (A.J.)

OCs: the Shadow (Marcus) and Panther (Emery)]

By the time Nightcrawler and Gambit returned to the Institute, Bio-hazard had awoken. Dr. McCoy was putting A.J. through a routine check-up.

"I'm fine!" she complained.

"Under your tongue," Dr. McCoy countered, holding the thermometer up to her eye level.

"A.J. please, listen to Herr McCoy," Kurt urged from his seat beside his best friend.

A.J. sighed and opened her mouth so Dr. McCoy could put the thermometer beneath her tongue. After a minute, Dr. McCoy checked the temperature.

"Temperature is normal."

"So can I go now?" A.J. asked indigently.

"Yes, yes. You seem to be just fine. I'll let the Professor know what you remember about what happened. Why don't you go get some nutrients into your system?"

"You mean food."                    

Dr. McCoy and Kurt both rolled their eyes. They were used to this with A.J.

"Come on A.J. let's go get you food. Everyone else has already eaten. If you eat, Herr McCoy will clear you to help me find Emery."

The two of them started out of the room.

"Whoa. Hold up. Emery is missing?"

Kurt snatched her arm and gently forced her to keep walking.

"Ja. We got back from rescuing you und the others, und she vas gone."

"Are you sure she just didn't run away?"

Kurt whirled on A.J., "Sie didn't just run avay!"

When A.J. started to tear up, Kurt's angry expression softened.

"A.J., I'm sorry."

A.J. yanked her arm away from Kurt's hand, and he let her. She stared at him a second longer and pushed past him to make her way up to the kitchen. Kurt watched her go. What was wrong with him? He'd just hurt his best friend's feelings. His emotions were all over the place, and they shouldn't be like this. He should be calm and planning on how to get Emery back. He shouldn't be taking his anxiousness out on his friends, especially when they were trying their best to help him find Emery. He just needed to stop freaking out. He just felt so out of sorts. He teleported into the Cerebo room where Rogue had taken over the Professor's position of using the computer aspect of Cerebo to search for Emery's mutant ID. It didn't look like she was having much success. He walked over and sat on the floor beside the chair. Rogue looked down at him and he rested his head on her thigh.

"We'll find her, Kurt."

"What if we don't? What's he doing to her? What if he's already killed her?"

"Kurt. First of all: she's strong. She can handle herself. Second: we will find her."

"I hope you're right," Kurt whispered closing his eyes trying to calm the panic rising in his chest.

~

Emery woke the next morning to find Marcus watching her sleep.

"That's not creepy at all," she said out loud.