9) Nomenexposure

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), Rogue (Marie), Phoenix (Jean), Cyclops (Scott), Beast (Dr. McCoy), Wolverine (Logan), and Professor X (Charles Xavier)

OC: Panther (Emery)]

Her eyes flickered open for a moment, a way to assure herself that it was in fact Kurt that had kissed her. Then, her eyelids slid closed and she kissed him back. Without realizing it, she had calmed down.

Unfortunately for them, the amount of time they had actually spent in the other dimension was only about three minutes, and three minutes happened to be Professor Xavier's response time to a crisis within the house. He wheeled himself into the room, followed by Jean, Scott, Beast, Wolverine, and Rogue. All of whom had responded to Emery's mental panic wave.

"It ain't look like she's in any trouble," Rogue said in her southern accent.

Kurt jumped off the bed and stared at his feet, a blush spreading to his cheeks. Of course he would be the one to get caught in the middle of kissing the girl he liked. He did like her, he admitted to himself. He liked her a hölle of a lot.

"Would you care to explain what just happened here?" Professor X asked.

"Vell, she um… freaked out."

"Yes and her 'freak out' pulled at the minds of everyone in the mansion."

"We got pulled into another dimension," Kurt said. "At least, I think that's vhat happened."

"Would you let me see?" Professor Xavier asked curiously.

"Naturlich."

The Professor probed gently into Kurt's mind watching and feeling what Kurt had seen and felt in the last three minutes. Or rather, the last several hours in the other dimension.

"I see," he said withdrawing. "So our new friend here is capable of inter-dimension travel even if she is not able to control it. What did you say her name was?"

"Emery."

Emery was glaring at Kurt by now.

'I told you not to tell them! Now they all know!'

Kurt winced.

"What's wrong fuzzy?" Rogue asked.

"She's mad."

"Why?"

"Because you all know her name now."

"She'll get over it," Rogue responded. "No one here is her enemy. She doesn't need to worry."

There was a gust of energy and several of the x-men that had come to help were ushered out of the room. Professor X and Wolverine were all that were left.

"Emery it's alright. We're not here to hurt you. We swear; we're your allies as you are ours. If you are betrayed by anyone, then I will not stop you from leaving or unleashing your anger on the person that hurt you. I don't think I could if I tried. Please, let me help you with your powers. They're obviously growing stronger, and I think you could use a friend that understands what a mental power is like."

Emery watched the Professor talk with her tail and her arms curled around her legs, her ears lying flat on the top of her head.

She looks so vulnerable, Kurt thought. He just wanted to wrap his arms around her and hold her.

'Swear it.'

"What do you want me to swear?" the Professor asked seriously.

'That you're not going to hurt me.'

"I swear the x-men, including myself, will not harm you. If we can help it, we won't even let harm come to you."

After a moment of silence between the two, she mentally voiced:

'I believe you.'

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} naturlich = naturally]