48) Stay With Me

[Author's Note: {2-14-2014} Created {5-18-2014} Started chapter {5-19-2014} Finished chapter

X-Men Characters in this chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt)

OCs: Panther (Emery)

]

Emery woke up in the infirmary to find Kurt hovering over her once again.

"You are awake," he said softly.

She nodded slowly.

"Are you okay?"

"I think so."

"You need to stop being so reckless, Em. You are really scaring me with these infirmary visits."

She didn't respond to him.

"Want to tell me why you went to see Kenneth wenn you lost control over your powers just to get away from him in de first place?"

"I remembered something about my family, and I needed to know if it was true or not."

"So you broke into de prison?"

"The guards wouldn't let me enter."

"De Professor could have gotten you in without de fighting."

"He wasn't there."

"You could have waited."

"Well I didn't, so can we not talk about this?"

Kurt wrapped his hands around the one of hers that was closest to him. "You might feel better if you do talk about it though."

"There is nothing to talk about. You already know I've killed people," she yanked her hand from Kurt's and sat up.

"Ja, I do, und I am sure you have a good reason." He reached for her hand again, but she pushed herself up off the bed and onto the floor on the opposite side.

"Sure I had a reason," she said angrily. "They used me as their lab rat, not caring about my sanity, or my well-being. But I didn't kill them because I had to; I killed them because I wanted to."

"You were scared."

"I was angry! I am still angry!"

"Don't you think it is time to let it go? I do nicht care about your past, Emery. I care about you, und I will help you any way I can to help you forget about de bad things."

"You're lying."

"I am nicht lying, Emery! I love you!" Kurt stood up, his fists clenched, his eyes blazing against her own flame of emotion.

Emery watched him in silence. She'd never heard Kurt's voice like that before.

When Kurt calmed down a little he said again softer, "I love you."

'I know,' she whispered across his mind.

"But you are going to leave again, are you nicht?"

"I just... can't stay here, not until I set everything right again."

"Und doing whatever it is you are planning, that will set everything right again?"

"In my mind, it will."

"I am coming with you."

"No!" she protested.

He looked at her, hurt.

"I can't let you see me like that."

"Like what, Em?"

She tugged her shoes on.