47) Your Point?

[Author's Note: {1-27-2014) Posted

X-Men Characters in this Chapter: Wolverine (Logan), Shadowcat (Kitty), Professor X (Charles Xavier), Beast (Dr. McCoy), Storm (Ororo)

OCs: Panther (Emery), Kenneth, Chet]

Kenneth wrapped Emery in his arms as the guards' legs gave out. He gripped the bullet wound on her left arm tightly, in an attempt to stop the blood flow.

"Emery," he whispered, "relax. Come on, relax. You'll be okay."

She was unable to process what he was saying over the pain.

Even with his resistance to mental tricks, Kenneth could feel his legs turning into mush. His stomach was quivering. His eyes refused to say open any longer.

Wolverine staggered around the corner, stepping on men on the floor, tripping on a limb, and falling before the siblings.

Kenneth sank to the floor, guiding Emery with him, so that if his legs did give out, they would already be down. He needed to hold onto her wound.

"Pressure point," Wolverine growled.

Kenneth barely heard him over the screeching, but he lifted the hand he had around Emery's waist, and pressed the pressure point he knew would make her pass out. Emery slowly drifted into unconsciousness. When the sirens finally stopped, Kenneth and Wolverine were the only two in the facility left conscious.

The Professor landed the jet outside the prison a few minutes later, and Kurt wasted no time teleporting out of it to the entrance. He followed the trail of bodies Emery'd left behind, Chet trailing behind him, until he found Shadowcat passed out with a bunch of guards. Entering the broken into cell, he spied Wolverine tying a cloth around Emery's arm. It was already getting soaked through with blood. Kenneth was sitting beside Emery, wiping his hands on a scrap of a guard's shirt, the same shirt Wolverine had torn to wrap Emery's wound.

"What happened?" Nightcrawler asked.

"Emery broke in here."

"I know that. What happened to her arm?" 

"One of the guards shot her."

"Why is she passed out?" Chet asked.

"I used a pressure point."

"Why?" Nightcrawler snapped at Kenneth.

"Because her sirens were going to knock out everyone who could help her," Kenneth snapped back.

"And she needed help because..." Chet prompted.

"Kenneth let the guards shoot her," Kurt answered.

Kenneth stood up, albeit on shaky legs, and got in Nightcrawler's face. "Do you have a problem, daemon?"

Nightcrawler growled. "Call me that again and you'll wish they never let you out of prison the first time."

Kenneth ignored him. "You're dating my sister."

"I'm your sister's mate."

"There's no difference."

"Dating implies the possibility of separation if things don't go well."

"You're done dating her."

"I'm not dating her!"

"Good."

"I'm her mate."

"Have you had sex with her?"

"How is that relevant?"

"Mates, implies mating, and mating implies sex. Have you had sex with my sister?"

"Not yet," Nightcrawler said as Chet said "I have."

"Stop bringing that up!" Nightcrawler growled at Chet, while Kenneth finished his argument with "Then you're not mates."

"And you!" Kenneth whirled on Chet, nailing him in the chest with his fist and knocking him back a few feet. Chet raised a hand to the spot Kenneth hit. "You don't belong with my sister. Just because you managed to talk your way into her pants in high school does not give you any claim on her." 

Chet's eyes dropped to the floor. He could barely keep them open. Having not slept for over twenty-four hours, he was struggling to even understand what people were saying. Looking down at the floor, his eyes almost closed, reminded him that he hadn't slept via a wave of dizziness suddenly rocking his balance. He fell back onto his butt, and put his head on his knees.

"I feel dizzy," he mumbled.

"Serves you right. And you, daemon..." He didn't get to finish.

Nightcrawler's fist collided with Kenneth's cheek. "For calling me daemon." Nightcrawler punched again. "And for making her get shot."

"How did I make her get shot?! She's the one that came here! He's the one that shot her," Kenneth gestured, rubbing his face and steeling himself up to fight Nightcrawler.

"You made her disappear. Therefore all of the events leading up to now, are your fault."

Kenneth moved to punch Nightcrawler, his curiosity satisfied.

"Enough," Wolverine growled, stepping between the two. "Fuzzy, take Emery back to the jet and go find Hank. He can get the bullet out of her with the least removal damage and then patch her up. I'll stay here and watch this idiot until the guards wake up again. Take the half-pint and the dizzy one  with you. Send the other jet to pick me up."

Nightcrawler grumbled but he agreed that it was the logical course of events. He scooped up Emery in his arms and carefully made his way back out to the jet were Professor X was waiting. Chet stood cautiously and followed them out. He plopped down on one of the beds in the jet and fell asleep almost instantaneously. Nightcrawler laid Emery gently on a bed inside the jet and went back out for Shadowcat. As he reached her, she was just starting to wake up fully. She was leaning against the wall, rubbing her head in pain. He hooked his arm under hers, around her waist and they trekked out to the jet. What few guards were regaining their consciousness, were too bleary to do anything about Nightcrawler and Shadowcat's passing.

The Professor had prepped the jet for take off by time Nightcrawler returned the second time. He fastened Shadowcat into one of the seats, though she tried to bat away his hands.

"I can, like... do it myself, Kurt."

But he did it for her anyway.

Then he went back to the bed where Emery lay, and held her in his arms while the jet took off in the direction of the warehouse to pick up Beast and Storm.

It didn't take long to find them along the path. Beast immediately tended to Emery on their way back to the second jet. There they dropped Storm off; she was to retrieve the rest of the team deployed in the second jet and then retrieve Wolverine from the prison.

[Author's Note:

{1-27-2014} Questions? Comments? Post below ^-^

{1-27-2014} And no, I'm not going to tell you what Kenneth was about to say to Kurt. Maybe it'll come up later, maybe it won't. Sometimes people don't get to say what they want to say and then it's forgotten.]