All Grown Up (For Promy) birthday

For @ShawtyLetsGo

Justin's birthday was coming up and Promy felt her stomach twist in knots. Justin, her first love, from kindergarten to senior and graduation. They were both in college now, gone their separate ways.

He was 20 now. He wasn't a teenager anymore. And Promy's heart broke. She missed the last year of his childhood. Of his innocence. And she had wanted that last year so bad.

She wanted those years forever. The hold of his hand and his foolish smile. His complaints about homework. His cutesy smile whenever he did something stupid.

Last year, in their first year of college, Justin had visited. And Promy could already see how grown he was. She wanted that stupid Justin back. She missed him. Where was he?

Right when it had hit 12:00 AM to March 1st, Promy had texted him "happy birthday, you little poop-sucker". She wanted him to reply something like, "love you too, little crap bag." but it had been 12 hours now.

It was 12 in the afternoon and he hadn't said anything. Where was he? Where had he been? Had he forgotten? Had he really gone to his classes on his birthday? Promy's mind ran with questions. 

She wanted answers, but with Justin miles and miles and miles away, she could't get any. She missed him so much.

She remembered the old drum set he had in her garage that he taught her to play. Or the things they'd bake together and then eat, even though it was burnt.

Promy remembered her first kiss with Justin, under the moonlight. They were at the park, where they would meet on the night before huge test and study together. There wasn't even a test, and Justin had texted her to meet him there. And she did, even though she was a bit confused. But when she saw him standing there with the flowers in his hand and his shy smile, she could only wrap her arms around his neck and say yes. And he pressed his lips onto hers and they kissed and it was perfection. He was perfection, standing there with the flowers he had bought her just that very day from the flower vendor cart a few streets down with his allowance. 

She remembered at prom, when he had kissed her and told her she was beautiful. She remembered the touch of his guitar-calloused hand on her skin. And the way he breathed onto her neck. When they slow danced, and he placed his hands around her hips- it was the most perfect feeling she's ever had.

 That night, she had given herself to him. His warm hands all over her body and his kisses trailing everywhere. She still felt it all, every night. She rememebered his promise- "I'll never let you go, Promy. Never ever."

And she remembered how gentle he was with her. Justin never would hurt her, she knew that.

 But when he didn't reply to her, her heart broke. Was she being desperate? Was this rational? Wasn't this just another day?

But this marked the end of Justin's childhood. The one she had grown up in. The one where he loved her. And she was so afraid to be left behind and forgotten.

She needed him now. She needed just his words, texted back, saying "thank you. remember- you're always in my heart". 

Promy felt tears coming to her eyes. She hadn't said a thing all day. Her room mate knew what was up. She knew about Promy's far away boyfriend. And she felt bad for her. She had told Promy to move on before, but Promy had exploded at her. She was really in love with this Justin guy.

He was her guts to fly into this world all by herself. Because he had promised to be by her side. And now where was he? Not anywhere it seemed. 

Was she alone? Was she truly alone now? Promy heard a knock at her dorm door and she sighed. Her bunkie must've forgotten something. She stood up slowly and she heard another knock.

"Coming!" she yelled, annoyed.

She opened the door and saw, in all of his glory, Justin Bieber.

Her heart stopped. She wished she weren't wearing her pajama pants and plain T shirt.

"You look beautiful," Justin whispered, as if reading her mind. She felt tears coming to her eyes. Justin had flown into town? All this way? It was a far way to go. No doubt the ticket was-

Justin leaned forward and kissed her. He wrapped his arms around her softly and one hand cupped her face. He had missed those lips for so long. This morning, when he had gotten that text, he was in the middle of studying.

And when he got called a "poopsucker" he remembered everything Promy and he had gone through and how much it meant. And he didn't care about his test anymore. He could take it some other day. But today, he wanted Promy. He needed her.

He pulled away from the kiss and she smiled, "Happy Birthday, Justin." Her eyes were leaking tears now. Justin Bieber was here. He was here. And it felt like a dream. One of his arms around her back and the other one brushing her face. It was all him. For real. Right now.

Promy couldn't control it anymore. She hugged him tight, "Justin, please don't grow up. I love you. I love you so much. I want you now and forever. Forever and always. Please just remember everything we were."

"I remember," Justin smiled, feeling emotional too, just seeing his love so worked up, "I remember all the time, you little crap bag. I love you, Promy. I'm who I always was. Don't let anyone tell you different."

Promy shook her head, "Justin- but we aren't as innocent and carefree as we used to be. We're so worked and stressed and we're so far apart all the time. I want to go back."

"I need to keep moving forward so we can have our future together," he whispered in her ear, "I want that future. I want the kids and the everything we planned in high school. I want the white picket fence for you and me. You and I- we're both going to grow up. But our love will be just as young as when I first met you, Promy. I love you. I don't know how many times I have to say it to let you know, but-"

"I want you to say it all the time..." she whispered, "I need you to say it all the time."

"Then I will," he whispered, and lead her into the room. He closed the door behind him and kissed her again. He laid her down on her bed and kissed her cheek. "I love you." He kissed her neck. "I love you." He kissed her collar bone down to the bottom neck-line of her loose tee. "I love you."

Promy smiled, "Is this our future?"

 All Justin said, grinning, was "I love you."

don't cry promy, :)