Happy On a Monday (For Sandra)

For @SandraBetancourt7

Sandra hung the clothes carefully and out of the corner of her eye saw a boy sitting in a cafe chair outside, leaning back.

The mall was a bustle and she was just another worker bee in the store, organizing and folding clothes. Helping people find their size.

It was so bland and it was a horrible way to start off a week. Well, it's always horrible just starting off a week.

Yup. Today was another normal day. Every Monday.

Justin had never been a sucker for the usual. He never thought he would be.

But her simplistic beauty was just too much. Her dark brown hair and dark brown eyes were not something to be ignored.

The way she moved around and helped out all the people in the store and just the way she smiled and laughed warmed his very heart.

So he didn't just ignore it. He got that attention.

Sandra couldn't help but giggle as she watched him. She was leaving now, after finishing her shift at her part time job. But who was this boy?

She saw him nearly everyday while she was racking up clothes during her job, but never had she ever thought he was so crazy. He was very cute though, with his baggy shirt, skinny jeans, and snapback. 

And now he was standing on a mannequin platform in the middle of a mall, in front of her store. And everyone was staring. Well, at least she was looking at him. At least he got her attention.

"Uh," Justin smiled, "I have brought myself up here on this white, rectangle-looking thing today to tell everyone here that there's this girl standing in the crowd that I've passed by everyday for a year now. She works here, but I just hang out at the mall- and truth be told- I come because of her."

Sandra squinted her eyes and her cheeks got a little pink. Was he describing... her?

No freaking way. There was no way this gorgeous guy could be talking about her. No way in hell. Just not possible.

He totally had the people's attention now as he continued, "I don't know why, but, uh, today I just wanted to tell her. I've always liked her but I just got this complusion. And I want to ask her out."

Sandra was now looking at the ground. She really could not believe this dream-like situation. Maybe she should just sneak away. Her heart was beating so fast and she was just going crazy. This was just a Monday after her usual part-time shift- she was not at all prepared for this. She was still wearing her khakis and red shirt.

Justin smiled, "SO - uh- you- with the red shirt. I really like you and would like to take you to the ice-cream place just behind you actually. Uh- if you'd just look behind your back."

Sandra tensed. Dare she?

She slowly turned around and saw, indeed, yes. It was an ice-cream shop.

Justin's eyes lit up when he saw her turning towards the direction. He laughed, "Yea, there baby. I'll take you there."

 Everyone in the crowd was staring at Sandra now, who felt her heart beat loudly.

Justin got off the stand and approached Sandra, then snaked an arm around her waist. He smiled, "What's your name?"

She whimpered, "Sandra. And you?"

He laughed, "Justin. Nice to meet you finally, Sandy. So what do you say? Are you going to let me take you out?"

The whole crowd was staring at them and Sandra felt the blush creep up her face.

The confident Justin disappeared as he bit his lip and looked at Sandra, scared of what she would say.

She giggled, "Okay, yes."

Justin let out a big breath and suddenly hugged her tightly. The crowd that was watching erupted in claps. Sandra let out a "ouf" at his tight squeeze and Justin chuckled.

She hugged him back.

~

Justin stuck the ice cream spoon into her mouth and Sandra laughed. She licked it and pushed it back out.

"Thank you, Justin," she smiled, "But I have my own bowl here, alright?"

Justin grinned, "You're too skinny, eat more."

She shook her head, "Ah-hah. Funny! No way. I look fat and horrible in these clothes. God I really hate Mondays. Did you have to ask me today? I mean, we've seen each other through a glass window for a year now!" She suddenly felt exasperated. Justin had been there all along and she had really needed him. Couldn't he have seen it in her eyes sooner?

Justin took her hand and smiled, "I know how you feel on Mondays, Sandra. I wanted you to be happy on a Monday for once. And I want you to be happy everyday from now on."

She blushed, "Thanks, Justin. I want you to be happy every Monday too."

He laughed, "I have been! It's my favorite day to come and see you be a cute grouch. You're my happy on a  Monday."

*IT'D BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD JUST CLICKITYCLACK THAT VOTE BUTTON :) AND COMMENT <3 

Hey Sandra! I hope you liked! I'm sorry it took so long and it's not even that long!! You can request again with more details maybe and I'll do a better job :)

I love you!! And have a Happy Monday where-ever you are!