Gooey Pancakes (For Martha, Part 1)

For @MattieRenee

Martha woke up to the bright sun, her curly hair crazy, like every morning. She rubbed her eyes. Oh God. The need to puke rushed through her system again and she dashed towards the toilet, emptying her stomach's contents.

Being pregnant sucks. It sucks even worse since the father was completely oblivious.

Seriously, Justin? Martha thought. 

Justin Bieber, yes, the famous singer was the baby-daddy. And he had no idea.

Martha sighed. Maybe it'd be better if she just left. Justin couldn't take care of the baby with her, that would ruin his image. And she couldn't do that to him. 

They'd been dating for a bit, maybe 5 months, but one night, about a month ago, when Justin was overcome with this lust and Martha, who was too scared to tell him she was a virgin, went on with it. She didn't complain. He was very pleasing anyways.

But now she felt this blame was all on her. She should've done something. She felt it. She felt the condom break.

She wasn't surprised that it broke, Jerry is kind of... huge. But it broke. And in the moment she had just hoped that it was her imagination (afterall, she's never had sex, how is she supposed to know how everything feels?) but now, she wished she had asked him to pull out, or done something.

"That doesn't mean I don't love you," Martha whispered. She rubbed her stomach, which felt bloated, but wasn't showing much yet.

Martha had decided. She was going to leave. 

She was going to wrack up all her savings from her measly bank account and fly to another country, where she couldn't bother Justin. She'd just watch him from afar. And if he's happy, she's happy.

~

"Mm," Justin grinned when he saw his girlfriend come down the stairs of his big house. He was still shirtless, only wearing briefs, so all of his toned body shone towards her

She was holding her stomach. God, she felt so insecure. Was the baby making her fat yet?

"Uh, Mattie, baby," he frowned, calling her by her nickname, "are you okay? Does your tummy hurt?"

Martha smiled, "Huh? What- no. I'm fine. Let's eat okay? Did you make breakfast?"

Justin nodded, excited, "And I didn't even touch the microwave this time."

Martha nodded, "I'm impressed, sweetie." She tried to hide her tears. She was going to miss this. Justin's excitement and his bubbly mornings.

"Okay, well," Justin sighed, "I touched it a little, just because I kind of wanted some hot pockets. But I thought- hey! It is almost Christmas, and I should learn how to cook for my beautiful girlfriend."

Martha blushed. He still had all this affect on her. Or was it the hormones too?

"God, babe," Justin grinned, "You like that, huh? You're turning all cutesy and red."

Martha rolled her eyes and smiled, "You act so gooey, Justin."

 "I made gooey pancakes," he said, remembering, "they're in the pan, see?"

Martha laughed as she leaned over to see. Yes. They were very, very gooey. Still almost melted.

She took the pan from his hand, "Give me that, you goof. I will make the pancakes and you... go write your Christmas wish list."

She turned up the fire so that the pancakes were sizzling now. Justin's cooking was so cute, but it is inedible, so someone had to make breakfast... Who would make him breakfast when she was gone?