Eyes to Decline (For Alyssa)

For @ANBANB

Justin ran his fingers through his hair and Alyssa crossed her arms. The young couple was in their bedroom, Justin leaning against the bed frame and Alyssa sitting on the mattress.

"You love him more than me," Justin sighed, staring at the ground.

Alyssa frowned, "How can you say that? Justin- please! All Austin did was ask me to be in his new video- I even said no, just to make you happy!"

She remembered that stressful moment.

"Hey, Alyssa!" Austin's voice rang, walking over to her and giving her a big hug. It was a complete coincidence that he had bumped into her while she was enjoying lunch with her boyfriend.

She stood up and hugged him back, laughing, "Oh my God! Hi, Austin!"

Justin and Alyssa were eating at the cafe, sitting at an outside table.

"Oh, hi Justin," Austin greeted amiably at the young man crossing his arms and leaning back into the chair.

Justin just nodded at him.

Alyssa was a bit upset that Justin was so cold to Austin, but she knew how Justin felt towards the excited brunette. Justin said he felt that Austin wasn't sincere enough (in what, he never specified), and even though Alyssa knew that wasn't the reason, she let him be.

"This is such a convenience," Austin grinned, "It's so weird but, Alyssa, I was just about to call you and tell you that I've finished recording a new single!"

She smiled, "Oh my God that's awesome, Austin!"

Justin gave Austin a "not bad" look. 

Austin laughed, "Thanks guys. So- Alyssa, I was just wondering though- since we've been friends for so long, you could star in the video maybe?"

Justin's eyes squinted and he looked at Alyssa.

She was just shocked, looking from Justin to Austin. She stuttered, "Okay- wow! What's the song called? That's so cool!"

Justin was concerned looking.

"Banga Banga," Austin chuckled, rolling his eyes, "it's kind of stupid."

Alyssa shook her head, encouraging, "No! That sounds fun!"

Justin frowned, "Wait- what? What kind of song is that?"

Alyssa almost laughed at Justin's wide-eyed expression.

"I think you know," Austin smiled, jokingly at Justin. Austin then noticed Justin's serious face and turned back to look at Alyssa quickly, "So- what do you think?"

She was so excited. She had never been in a music video before and-

Justin gripped her hand tightly under the table. Alyssa tried to wiggle her fingers out, because she knew what Justin was doing. He always held her in a possessive when when he was trying to tell her something.

He then leaned in and kissed her on the cheek.

Austin, a bit surprised at the sudden display of affection, looked at the sky for a moment.

Alyssa gave Justin a face- one that was telling him to back off, nicely. But when his worried eyes wouldn't let up, she sighed. "Yea, I'm sorry, Austin. I really can't."

Austin nodded, "It's alright, I understand. Maybe some other time then." He waved bye then turned around.

After Alyssa's eyes couldn't follow Austin's moving silhouette anymore, to turned to her boyrfriend to find Justin's jaw was tightened. He muttered, "The audacity of that..."