twenty-seven

A long one

"Liv you have to let go and hold our baby. He want's to see you." Harry says attempting to take the baby away from me.

"No." I mumble feeling light headed as I cuddled my baby closer to my chest. I could hear my son crying but I couldn't... What if something happens to him too?

Harry sighed and went over to pick up Jasper and rock him to sleep.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper holding her close to me and kissing her head. Before I feel myself slipping into a dark abyss. I try and right it as best as I could.

"Olivia?" I hear Harry say shaking my arm. I was already far too gone to respond.

"Olivia!" he yells as I quit my fight and let myself go into this darkness.

*

My head was pounding with the heaviest migraine I ever had. I whine softly and crack my eyes open to be blinded by the bright sun rays coming through the window. I blink rapidly letting my eyes adjust to the light in the room. I look around with blurry vision until my eyes land on a blurry figure in the near my bedside.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. My throat was much too dry.

I mentally groan and attempt to call for help.

"h..elp." I call out to the figures walking by in the hallway.

"...h-elp." I attempt louder.

"Olivia?"

"H-arry?" I question feeling his large hand grip mine. He urgently yet carefully tilts my head forward and helps me take a sip of water before genitally setting me back down.

"Here, I found your glasses. They made someone take out your contacts." He says placing my largely framed glasses onto my face. He cups my face in his hand. "Liv...I thought I lost you. Your heart stopped while you were delivering the babies."

"Babies...Ame. She died." I mumble feeling tears welt up in my eyes.

"Hey no, Liv don't cry look. Look at this." he says showing me a photo on his phone. It was a picture of him feeding our baby.

"Is that Jasper? He's so little, why is he wearing pink?"

"That's Amethyst. The nurses got her heart to start after you...well you died." he mumbles sliding his phone back into his pocket.

"She's alive?" I ask in a distrusting voice. "I want to see her." I demand attempting to sit up.

Harry hands me the remote to lift my bed manually then leaves the room. A few moments later a Doctor comes in.

"Miss Quinn you're awake. I'm Dr. Monroe, your boyfriend sent me in here to check on you. How do you feel?" he asks.

"A little tired... hungry I guess."

"Anything hurt?" I shake my head no. "Good. You gave us quite a scare back there. You're heart gave out when you flat lined, the nurse had revived your baby, she's been upset ever since." he says.

"When was this?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows.

"Three or four days ago."

"Here's Amethyst LaShaun Joy Styles and Harry Jasper James Styles." Harry says carrying both babies into the room.

"I'll just leave you four to it." Dr. Monroe says exiting the room and closing the door.

"You gave her my mom's name?" I ask almost not believing my eyes.