thirteen

"Shhh, Opal, shh. You're no one's consolation prize." he said rocking me like a baby.

"This is why I don't let myself fall for people. Because this happens every time. No one ever wants me its always my boobs and my butt and I-" he kisses my forehead letting his lips linger there for a moment.

"I like you. And its not because of your boobs or your butt. In fact this is only the second time I've seen you in form fitting clothes. I like you and its not because I want your body its because I want you." he says pulling me closer to his chest and laying is down.

"You don't-"

"Shut up, I think you're beautiful now take a nap and when you wake up I'll take you on a real date who won the management didn't tell me to take you on." he mumbles. I nod and close my eyes to steady my breathing and fall asleep.

Two weeks later
Opal

"Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten" I sang along with Liam.

"See Liam I told you singing Natasha Beddingfield would lit."

"Okay I should've believed you." he says smiling.

"So Mr.-soon-to-be 22, what are we doing for your birthday? Other than the concert in Michigan. That's gonna be sweet." I sing.

"Yeah, it gonna be pretty exciting. But you're a little early." he says.

"We always have to plan ahead. Plus I hate surprise parties no thanks. Making people think you either forgot their birthday or that we're not doing what we say we're doing is kind like a big fuck you. If you say were having a dinner alone, I'm gonna be mentally prepared for two people not forty."

"I see your quite passionate about scheduling and planning." he says with a laugh.

"Don't laugh I am." I say shoving him lightly.

My phone began to vibrate in my lap and I picked it up. Scoffing I ignored the call and turn my attention to Liam only for my phone to vibrate again. And again. And again.

"Who's that?" He asks.

"No one important." I mumble picking up my phone to check the messages.

Hello

Liv

I know you're ignoring me its been two weeks

Please talk to me

Please

Princess please

I'm sorry

Is this because of Liam?

I scoff. Does he even know what he's apologizing for? I throw my purse into my purse and turn back to Liam.

"You need to talk to Harry." "I'm not doing that Liam." we say simultaneously.

He lets out a long sigh and pulled over.