eight

Opal

I begin coughing and gasping for air as I sit up quickly. I coughed and wheezed again as I reached inside of my purse for my inhaler. After a few puffs I sat back and tried to calm my breathing.

I blink out a few tears and sniffle.

There's a knock at my door and I get up to answer it wobbling a little. I wipe my eyes then answer. "Yea?" I ask opening the door a crack.

It's Harry.

"Olivia, are you okay? I heard you scream." He says. I notice that he is wearing nothing but pajama bottoms.

Nothing.

I nod and begin to close the door but he stops me.

"Are you sure? You're crying."

"N-no" I say letting out a shaky breath.

"Do you want me to come in?" I nod and open the door the rest of the way.

"Sorry if I screamed too loud." I said "Watch out for a small dog I don't know where he is." I said sitting on the edge of my bed. "You got you a dog?" He asks.

"Liam got him for me." I mumble.

A small fluffy creature lucked my hand and I knew it was Grizzly. I picked him up and he whimpered.

"Why were you screaming?" He asked sitting next to me on the bed.

"Nightmare." I said simply.

"Do you want to talk about-"

"No. I can't really remember anyway." I say.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" He asks. I nod yes and climb to the top of the bed and slip under the blanket with Grizzly. I pat the spot next to mine and he proceeds to climb into bed next to me.

"Get some rest."

"Goodnight, Harry." I say rolling over to my side to lay my head on his chest.

So he just got you a dog?" Harry asks through the darkness.

"Yes."

"And you excepted it."

"Of course."

"Oh..."

Harry pulled me closer to his body and I was practically laying on top of him.

"So, you've been spending a lot of time with Liam." He says.

I nod smiling. "He is suppose to be my best friend, you know." I whisper chuckling a bit.

He let out a light chuckle and sighed. "Do you like him?" He asks suddenly.

"Umm.." I giggled.

"You do?" He whispered going to stand up.

"Harry, no. It was just funny that you asked." I explain pulling him back down. "Why, jealous?" I ask teasingly.

"Yes."