Two Brothers

No one spoke as Terrell and Sahara boarded. They were escorted by the Keepers who kept eerily silent the whole way. They also kept very close, as though to make sure that neither Sahara nor Terrell tried to break away and make a run for it.

Sahara kept peaking glances at them. It was the first time she was seeing the so much talked about Keepers. If she remembered correctly, they were under Rayne and helped him enforce the Creed, and thus some sort of order. Terrell had once said they were talented boarders. There was something intimidating about them that she couldn't explain.

I wonder if they're as good as the Omega's, Sahara couldn't help but think. Or Terrell... came the afterthought.

Turning her attention to her surroundings she realized how things around her started looking cleaner and well kept. There was no trash in the area. The plants were well looked after and the buildings were in good shape. Looking ahead, Sahara realized they were headed to the tallest building right at the center of Regona.

As they got closer they came to a large black steel gate. It swung open and the boarders swished through. Green lawn surrounded the building and Sahara caught sight of more Keepers lounging in the area. As they passed by, she felt their eyes follow her and Terrell.

They finally reached the large glass doors at the bottom of the building.

"Leave your boards here," one of the keepers, a pretty girl with short brown hair, spoke for the first time.

Terrell got off his board and Sahara followed his lead.

A Keeper grabbed each of their boards and took them away.

"Leave a scratch on it and you're dead," Terrell told the guy. He got a glare in reply. Shrugging, Terrell turned and followed the brown haired girl who began to lead the way. Sahara hurried to catch up and walk next to Terrell. Two Keepers fell into step behind them.

The glass doors swished open and they entered into a large hall.

Sahara turned in a circle as she looked around in awe. There were stairs to either side at the back, disappearing somewhere above. What looked like hologram security gates were just ahead, all lit up green to show that they were in working order.

The girl led them through and over to a glass tube. She swiped her hand across it. What looked like a round glass elevator shot down. It stopped and the doors opened. The girl motioned for Sahara and Terrell to get in. They did so without question. The girl and one of the two other Keepers followed.

The doors closed and there was a pause as a green light appeared and scanned the group. Once it was done, the elevator shot up.

Sahara was surprised at how fast it went. It was like no elevator she had been in before. She watched out of the glass back as the ground grew further away and the city buildings became smaller and smaller. She wanted to point it out to Terrell, yet when she turned to look at him she paused. She could see how tense he was. His jaw was clenched and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

Is he afraid of heights? The thought flashed through Sahara's mind. She brushed it off at once. There was no way, not when Terrell boarded as high as he did. It had to be something else.

The elevators came to a gentle stop. The doors slid open and the girl and the other Keeper stepped out. They walked up to a large door.

The girl knocked once before opening it. Sahara and Terrell followed.

Sahara's eyes landed on a lounge area. There were couches and even a hologram aquarium in which fish were lazily swimming back and forth. However, there wasn't even one person sitting there. The room seemed completely empty...that was until Sahara turned her eyes towards the large window overlooking the city.