Thief of Hearts

Sahara let her bracelet instruct her on where to go. With the coordinates in it, she only needed to follow. Boarding through the dark she ignored other boarders and people she passed. Her gaze was fixed ahead as she held on to the determination she felt. She didn't let it disperse in the slightest, knowing that if she took the time to consider things then she would most likely withdraw to her shell of shyness. She was on a mission, and for once she couldn't let her timid side take over; no, she wouldn't.

She zipped through alley after alley with no clue where she was going. And then she was suddenly in a narrow road. There were people scattered around it, hanging out. Seeing that she was close to her goal Sahara slowed down. She became aware of how curious looks were shot her way, as though people realized she wasn't from the area.

Ignoring them, Sahara continued. She reached a large building when her bracelet beeped; signaling that she had reached her goal.

"Is it in there?" Sahara murmured to herself. She got off her board and tucked it under one arm. As she reached the door she became aware of all the boards stacked to her right. She paused, her eyes scanning over them. When her eyes landed on a familiar black one, her heart leaped.

He's here, she thought. Dropping her board with the others she turned to the building. She took a deep breath. I can do this, she told herself even as she felt her confidence slipping away. No, she shook her head, don't back out now. Her fists clenched.

Taking another breath she walked for the door. As soon as she opened it the blast of noise hit her. She was in a dark corridor but ahead she could see the flashing lights. Music boomed making her heartbeat fall in sync with the beat.

Lifting her chin, Sahara walked forward. This is just like how you act in front of those other crews when fooling them. You're no longer the timid Sahara. Now you're someone who knows what she wants. You're confident, nothing can bring you down. She tried to encourage herself. It seemed to work as she felt confidence seep in. Her steps became more determined.

The corridor came to an end and she found herself in a large hall like room. Right in front of her the floor went one step down. Youth were dancing to the music, some holding drinks which seemed to be changing color every few seconds. Lights flashed, showing the colorful paint most of the youth had on their faces and arms.

At the front of the dancing teens stood a guy on a raised platform in front of what looked like a hologram turntable. The guy looked like any other DJ, with headphones on while he adjusted the music.  To one side a few guys and girls sat on floating boards, simply watching.

To the right was what looked like a bar. Two young guys stood behind it, handing out the colorful drinks. Sahara wrinkled her forehead, wondering if it was alcohol. Aren't they underage? The thought flashed through her mind.

She then noticed the stairs in the back that went up on the right and the left, leading to an elevated platform with a rail to stop anyone from falling. Sahara could just make out that there were couches filled with youth who were simply chilling and watching the dancing teens below.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Sahara caught sight of a guy shooting her a curious look. She noticed another pair and realized almost at once that she probably looked out of place. Ignoring the sudden urge to run she let her eyes sweep the room. Yet it was no use. There were too many people to spot Terrell.

Not letting herself use this an excuse to turn back, Sahara walked forward. She walked right into the dancing mass. Taking a second to glance at faces she pushed through. It got harder and harder as the mass of bodies increased. Sahara suppressed her panic as she continued. She didn't get far when she realized that this wasn't going to work.