Losing Control

The twins stood across from the guys holding Sahara captive. Though they looked furious, they didn't make a move due to the blade being held to Sahara's throat.

"Now, how about you get off those boards?" Rick said.

Arden followed without a word. Reagan paused only for a moment before doing the same.

"Deactivate your bracelet," Rick ordered.

Reagan growled angrily, yet he reached up to his bracelet anyway. Upon switching it off his board dropped to ground. Arden, though he moved to do the same, took a moment longer.

"Okay, we've done what you asked. Let her go," Arden told Rick.

In response, Rick turned to the guy holding the knife to Sahara's throat. "How about it, Jay?"

In response, Jay pushed Sahara to the side. She found someone else grabbed a hold of her.

Jay turned to shoot her a grin that sent shivers down her spine. "Let's keep her as insurance." He licked the blade of the knife as he turned back to face the twins.

"You basta..." Reagan didn't finish the phrase off as Arden interrupted.

"That isn't playing fair."

Jay snorted.

"Fair?" Rick asked angrily as he stepped forward. "You want to talk to me about being fair?" His fists clenched. "You made us loose that race. We would have gone far; we could have gone to the top!"

"The top?" Reagan asked. "You would have been beaten at least three races later."

"You broke up the crew."

"And you knifed my brother!" Reagan yelled.

Jay chuckled. "So...I'm guessing that one's Reagan then." He pointed the knife at Reagan. "Sounds like he'd be a whole lot more fun to cut up than his brother. He didn't utter so much as a peep when..."

"I'm going to kill you," Reagan growled as he lunged.

"Reagan!" Arden was too later to stop him.

Reagan was almost upon Jay when two guys appeared from seemingly nowhere. They tackled him, forcing him to his knees. Reagan yelled in anger as he struggled to get free.

"Stop!" Sahara yelled.

The guy holding her responded by clamping a hand over her mouth. No one paid her any heed.

"I think I like that one," Jay grinned. He looked towards Arden who surprisingly hadn't made a move. "Don't know why you'd ever take a knife for him though. He's too noisy."

Arden ignored him. He looked right at Rick. "Let him go," his voice was filled with warning.

Rick stared right back. "No."

Reagan continued to struggle only to have one of the guys force his face down so that his check was painfully pushed against the ground.

"I'll first have you apologize," Rick told him.

Sahara's head turned as she noticed a movement. Her eyes widened as more and more guys appeared from the shadows. This is bad, her mind warned. She struggled and yet was helpless against her captor.

"Then..." Rick turned to look at Arden, "I'll have your brother beg for your life."

"Would that help?" Arden replied.

"No," Rick said coldly.

Jay chuckled.

Arden shot Sahara a look. Her eyes widened. Run! Her mind screamed. Get help! Yet she knew that the chances of Arden getting back with someone in time were not high.