Good Times

The twins left for the café first thing in the morning. Sahara gave them the virtual key so they could get in before Jack, and clean up. Orion, Alegra, and Sahara sat down to eat breakfast. Naomi was still fast asleep, clutching Mo so tightly that the cat couldn't move an inch. Terrell hadn't stirred either.

"So..." Alegra twirled her steaming drink, which was neon orange, while she had her chin propped on her hand, "how many more points do we need before we start racing for status?" The question was directed at Orion.

He promptly pulled up a screen on his bracelet.

Alegra rolled her eyes and turned to Sahara. "What do you say, leader?"

Sahara pointed a finger at herself.

"Yes, you," Alegra told her. "You are in charge after all."

Sahara turned to Orion with a look that pleaded for help.

"It depends on how much we make in the next race..." Orion mused.

"Stop wasting time and start racing for status." At the sound of Terrell's voice the other three turned around. They found the boy standing on the staircase. He was yawning, looking like he was still half asleep. "Otherwise you're going to all be a bajillion years old by the time you get around to it."

"Well you're up early," Orion commented.

"Why don't you race then?" Alegra asked Terrell.

Terrell turned his bleary eyes on her. "There's no one interesting enough to race." He began to walk down the stairs. "No one worth the challenge." He came to sit down beside Sahara.

"Well someone certainly thinks highly of himself," Alegra told him sarcastically.

Terrell nodded in agreement, not seeming bothered in the least by the accusation.

"You really think we should go for status already?" Sahara asked.

Orion leaned forward, anticipating the answer that would come out of Terrell's mouth.

"Sure." Terrell yawned again.

"Alright then," Orion seemed to have a sudden change of heart. "Guess we'll give it a go." The words were barely out of his mouth when the door burst open and the twins tumbled in.

"We get the day off!" Reagan yelled happily as he bounded over.

"What?" Sahara asked.

"Jack said he's gonna close the store for today," Arden explained.

"That means we can go have some fun." Reagan grinned.

"We just decided to have a status race," Alegra informed them.

"Oh," both twins said at the same time as they looked at each other.

"There's a moonlight gathering tonight," Orion told the group.

"Great. Until then...let's have fun!" Reagan wasn't giving up on the idea.

"And what would you see as fun?" Alegra asked.

Reagan looked thoughtful for a moment, then, his face lit up. "Try finding the limited edition of Serina where she's wearing..."

"Wait!" Terrell sat bolt upright. Before Sahara knew what was happening. Terrell clamped his hands over her ears. "Must. Keep. Her. Innocence. Intact!" he yelled as Sahara she tried to break free. Upon finally managing to do so she turned to glare at Terrell.

"If it's my innocence you're talking about it was already taken a while ago!"

Terrell eyes widened. "By who?" He exclaimed as he looked around frantically. "Who was it that took away her innocence?"