Race

Sahara watched, enthralled as she saw the race unfold on the screen before her from Alegra's view. No sooner had the word 'race' sounded than Alegra and the twins were off. However, the other crew sprang right into action too. Their racer fell behind and his two blockers made a beeline right for Alegra.

They would have crashed into her had the twins not appeared on either side. Sahara watched in wonder as the twins each picked another blocker and barged right into them. They viciously knocked them to the side, and though all four hit into each other at that speed, their boards did little more than wobble. It made Sahara remember how Terrell had explained that there were different types of boards. It looked like the blockers had ones for balance.

"Alright, we're going to take this race defensively," Orion's voice sounded. "It looks like the other crew is known for going offensive right from the start..."

"No kidding," Alegra replied dryly as she turned into another ally.

"Don't worry, we're on it," Reagan sounded way too happy.

"Terrell?" Alegra asked. "You going to scout or not?"

Terrell leaned back on his board and yawned. "How good are you at following instructions?" he asked casually.

"If you were to give them at some point today, you would find out," Alegra shot back.

"I'm guessing not that good..."

"Which way!" Alegra yelled.

Terrell shot a lazy glance at the screen. "Turn right..."

Alegra started to turn.

"Not yet!" Terrell scolded as she almost crashed into a wall.

"You said...!"

"I wasn't done."

"Terrell...you better...!"

"Turn now!" Terrell yelled.

Sahara watched as Alegra did and ended up in another alley. The twins were right with her. Arden was flying somewhat higher so that he was almost right above her, and Reagan trailed by just a bit so that his board's front was level with the back of Alegra's.

"Why not just fly above everything?" Sahara wondered aloud. "It would make things easier."

"Turn left in ten meters," Terrell said. He turned to Sahara. "You could, but it's not really seen as racing. You need talent to dodge obstacles. Besides...if I remember correctly, there's something in the Creed about you being able to go high for only a few seconds before you're disqualified."

"Here they come!" Orion warned.

Sahara noticed that on Terrell's screen, he could see all six boarders. It seemed like Orion was seeing the same.

"Blockers, take the lead," Orion added.

Alegra slowed down and both twins shot past her. They came out of the alley just as the two other blockers came from another. The four boarders crashed. Alegra shot past during the confusion and the other crew's racer appeared right behind her.

"You probably want to make a left in eleven meters," Terrell said.

Alegra did so. The other racer continued straight.

"It's a dead end!" Alegra yelled.

Sahara saw through her screen that it was just that. A wall was blocking Alegra's way.

"Go over it," Terrell told her calmly.

"Too little space to get the lift I need!"

"Psh, even I could do it," muttered lazily.