FC 51

Her food arrived at the perfect time, she thanked them eating slowly. But it wasn’t like she normally ate, it was almost like she was on auto pilot. One bite after another, she’d mix it up with a sip of her water. Doc had said she needed to keep hydrated, so as soon as they were in the car Van had shoved a water bottle in her face. Another ragged breath, as she shook her fingers through wet hair.
    “Well I guess you know O’Neil and I use to be an item” They nodded, letting her continue.

    “Well we dated for over two years, we were going to get married. But he suddenly changed after the first year or so, maybe sooner…I dunno. Anyways he got more and more aggressive, it was just a raised voice from time to time. But it seemed to get worse the longer we stayed together.” She took another bite of carrots before going on.

    “My brothers hated him with a passion, they warned me he was going to turn abusive. But I thought he was just stressed about all his fights. I had been very wrong. On a particular night, he lost his match which made him furious. He couldn’t find anyone else to take his rage out, I had been the only one he could find. I realized the more I tried to protect myself, the worse it was. So I just sort of let him.” The twins frowned, why would she ever let someone do something like to her.
    “I didn’t have many options at the time, he was stronger then me and my brothers were busy with work.” Pushing the tray away she popped the two pills into her mouth, before chugging the rest of the water.

    “He wasn’t always like that, he use to be really sweet kind even. He’d randomly show up with flowers, or gifts for me. My father called it the honeymoon state, saying it wasn’t going to last. Boy was he right.” Van moved the tray to a nightstand, letting her scoot down deeper into the comforters.
    “After a few broken bones, more then a hundred black eyes and enough bruises to make these look like a joke, I got a restraining order. Moved in with my mom and her boyfriend, and just tried to recover. O’Neil didn’t know where I was, he’d threatened my brothers and father a few times. But they basically told him to fuck off, they’d always call me when he showed up. That way I knew what was going on, not that I didn’t. Poor Nero had her hands full with him to, she’d called the cops on him a few times” Riae yawned as the meds slowly started to kick in, Owen kicked his shoes off crawling in after her.

Van followed as well, they didn’t need the meds to help them sleep, they were already worn out with this whole ordeal.
    “I decided when my father talked to me at the gym, that I was going to fight him. I just didn’t know how yet, had my father’s original fighter not backed out I would of let it be. But when he said Brad was replacing him, I all but lost it. Brad’s a good fighter, but he would of gotten killed had he entered the ring.” She whimpered at the thought.

    “I know you guys are mad about me doing it, but I did it to save my brother. No one should have to fight my battles for me, and even though it wasn’t really a battle. O’Neil wouldn’t of seen it any other way, this was like a chance for me to finally get a word in. Only instead of words I used my fists, he needed to know I wasn’t as weak as he pegged me to be. That had I really wanted to fight back I could of, and probably of won to.”

It was hard not to respect her, even if they didn’t like her decision. But the woman was strong, independent and full of a love that couldn’t be spoiled by anyone. She knew all to well what would of happened to Brad, and she refused to let it. Even though it was quite possible she’d of gotten herself killed, if that didn’t make her strong hearted nothing would. There were many reasons to love Riae, besides her looks, she had one of the best qualities known to man….Loyalty.

Van kissed her cheek causing her to smile, he did have one question though.
    “How did Brad get sick?” Her cheeks reddened, turning away from him she ducked her head under the covers. Owen gave the covers where her eyes would be, a questionable look.
    “Riae?” He asked, a little more amused.

    “I sort of spiked his Gatorade” She muffled, not peaking out from the covers.
    “With what?” Van pushed, trying to see her face. She ducked deeper, before answering.
    “A laxative” Their eyes widened, as she peered out from under the cream colored comforter.
    “Tell me your kidding?” She shook her head, biting her lip.
    “I kinda over did it though, I think half the bottle was to much” Owen snorted out a heavy laugh, not able to contain his expression any longer. Van was still to damn shocked to laugh, but he did find it amusing.
    “Why you little minx” Riae smirked, watching Owen holding his stomach. The more she talked about it, the harder Owen laughed. She was down right evil, clever…but very evil.

~Riae~

I can’t tell you how much I detest therapy, okay yes I can….I FREAKING HATE IT! Wow I feel a little better now.

Its been four weeks, since the fight and I’ve been toted around like some fluffy Pomerania by the twins. I swear they think this is fun, at least one of them is always with me. They have also somehow convinced me that I should move into their house, which they said is now our house. Its huge and I am still having some issues getting use to the idea of maids, cooks and whatever else they hire to work around the place.

Its bad enough they wont let me pay for a damn thing, and since its not legal to marry two people at the same time. We decided to do something like the state so SC does. In the state of South Carolina if you live with someone for more then seven years, they legally call you married. So in saying this, the twins believed that a stupid piece of paper means nothing. But for fun Owen wrote up his own married license, and its now framed in the office for all to see. We had a wedding but it was small, with just friends and family. I can’t express enough how damn stunning those two are in tuxes, its just freaking wrong. There should be some middle ground where their just…okay….but no their hot, stunning god like and mouth watering.

I started training the Sterling’s, which after a long talk with the Cunnings they seemed to be okay with it. I’ve also changed my last name, making me Riae Cunning. The twins had a field day with that one, my brothers have finally warmed up to the twins and seem to give them less shit now. Their mother has dropped in more then a few times to take me to lunch, and talk babies….help!

Today’s ago we had been driving my black Suv, when I hit the breaks like a maniac. It caused the twins to scowl at me, but it wasn’t my fault…okay it was but I have a good reason. Off to the side under an over pass, was a box labeled ‘free’ had I not seen the fuzzy black, brown and white head poking out I would of passed it. I nearly died at the adorable puppy, soaked and crying in the box. The twins frowned at me, saying he had fleas and rabies.

It took me looking sad, and a little begging before they agreed to let me keep him. His large paws were a clear sign he was going to be huge, he looked some what of a cross between a Stain Bernard and a Sheppard. The name Rowdy was what I picked, both Owen and Van laughed shaking their heads at it. But Rowdy seemed okay with it, and after a clean bill of health from the vet I had him in the house with me. Like a shadow he jumped after my feet, making the twins a little sore.

We had tried to leave him downstairs, but he cried relentlessly. Again I begged for him, and got my way. He’d admittedly stopped crying at the sight of me, bouncing up the stairs and into the bedroom. Van grumbled something about, if he pisses on the carpet I’d have to clean it up. But that never happened, somehow this pup new the difference from inside and outside. Regardless of where I go he follows me everywhere, even to work. Rowdy guards me worse then the twins do, so I figured that’s got to be the reason they’ve suddenly warmed up to him.

The time spent living in this house, has been one I will never soon forget. Owen and Van are everything to me, and though my mother in law is pushing hard for kids, I think I still want sometime to myself with the boys. There is still plenty of time, and I don’t plan on going anywhere.