12.

shit. we were running late because of me.

"Nicoleeee!" Nat yelled from down the hall. I applied another coat of gloss. I wanted to make sure I was extra glossy. I looked over myself in the mirror I had gotten a customized dress, it was a halter style that had a v-neck type neckline. It was backless, and short with slits on the side. It was basically a crystal dress it was amazing. I looked like a walking disco ball. I was shook myself because I knew I was doing something. My hair was pin straight, and face beat to the gods. I grabbed my phone and small clutch and walked out my room. Nat was recording with her flash on, just to be extra.

"The princess is finally gracing us with her presence" she said. I flipped my hair, and did a pose to be extra. Sammy looked up, and his eyes met mine. His jaw dropped slightly. It was cute.

"Shit.." I heard him whisper. I walked over to him, he was dressed in an all black fitted suit. And I fixed his tie.

"Shit" I whispered back, a smile forming on my face. He leaned down and kissed me, and Nat continued to record.

"Y'all, tonight at 12, my baby sister makes a year with the love of her life! How cute" she said. Sammy put his hand up, to cover the camera and I pulled away laughing.

"Are we ready to go?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I mean, were already late. Y'all know I love to make an entrance" I said winking and walking out my apartment.

--------------
We arrived to the party, at this hall where Kylie was hosting the party. It was a huge event, as pre usual with the Kardashian-Jenner clan. We pulled up, and the valet took the car to park it. Skate and Nat walked ahead of us, and Sammy held my hand.

"Ready for pictures?" He asked. I sighed and shrugged.

"As ready as I'll ever be" I said. After skate and Nat went inside, Sammy and I posed for pictures. I felt like I was gonna go blind. Flashes left and fucking right.

"The camera is loving you.." Sammy whispered in my ear. I bit my lip to keep from smiling, and we finished up with pictures. Sammy led me inside, and pulled me close for a second.

"I'm gonna go get us some drinks.. don't go finding a new boyfriend on me" he said in my ear. I rolled my eyes and pulled him closer to whisper in his ear.

"Wouldn't think of it" I said, kissing him after. He smiled against my lips, before walking off. I then felt awkward. I knew almost no one here, and my sister and best friend were gone. I saw my sister, laughing it up with her friends and felt left out. All of my friends were back in their home towns, and Madison was in New York with Jack. I could recognize all my sisters friends except for a blonde one. She had a killer body, and was so damn pretty. I knew that that had to be Stassie. I had seen one picture of her, and it clicked in my head. She was the girl who thought I was Nat at the Halloween party. I decided to avoid her, and continue to mind my business.

"Is that the baddest bitch in here?" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I felt myself smile, and I turned around

"It is!" I said flipping my hair. Austin was standing before me. He was wearing a white button down, with the top 5 buttons in buttoned. He was wearing black skinnies, and a big black fedora, along with a black chocker.

"Pause you're killing it!" I said. He flipped his imaginary hair, and pulled me in for a hug.

"How are you!" He said.

"I'm okay!" I said.

"The memory?" He asked.

"Kind of fuzzy, but getting there honestly.." I said

"And the relationship?" He asked.

"Better than ever" I heard Sammy say as he wrapped his arms around my waist and lay his chin on my shoulder. Austin smiled and nodded

"Good.. y'all are my favorite couple" he said. I smiled and mouthed a 'thank you'. He quickly introduced us to his boyfriend who was named Tyler, and he was soon scurrying off into the party. I knew we could talk later. I turned and faced Sammy, who handed me a glass cup of champagne.

"To us, and our almost year" he said. His eyes were sparkling.

"To us.. and our almost year" I said. We clinked glasses, and both took a sip. I kissed him, and then we went to the dance floor. I was the type of person who couldn't stand and be bored at parties. I was Puerto Rican, and frankly, that shit just wasn't in our nature. Nat eventually joined us, and shit got real. We then had to clear, because Kylie had people setting up a big screen so we could see the ball drop. I stood with Sammy, we were mixed in the crowd of everyone. My sister and skate to the left of us. The news was soon on TV, and we were all beginning to count down. My heart was pounding. This happened every time on New Year's Eve to me.

"10..9....8....7...6...5...4...3..2..1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Everyone yelled people began kissing and hugging, and I first reached for my sister. We hugged, and both began crying, I was thanking god that I wore waterproof makeup. I hugged skate, and then faced Sammy. He took my face in his hands and kissed me and I kissed back, skate catching every single moment of it on camera for us. He pulled away, and we looked at each other in almost disbelief and awe. I had someone, who loved me no matter what before me, and I felt the same exact way.

"Happy one year.." he said.

"Happy one year.." I responded smiling. He returned my smile, and kissed me once more. After the confetti popping, and balloon dropping, the party continued. I lost my sister and Skate as usual, and Sammy was talking with some friends. I was off to the side, talking with Austin. I could see Sammy standing at the bar, scrolling through his phone. I felt myself smile just looking at him

"Wow you're in love" Austin said.

"Yeah.." I said biting my lip

"Yeah I am." I said smiling. We continued talking and then I looked up, and my heart dropped. stassie was in front of him. He was conversing with her and smiling. I couldn't tell what about. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I watched as she touched his cheek, his face softening, and it looked like she was going to lean in. I felt a sudden rush, everything hit me at once.

I remembered everything.

------
*GASPS IN SPANISH* UH OHHHHH. Keep an eye out for my next update y'all!
-Xhalegilinsky