north.

My eyes shot open, and when I clicked my home button, my phone read 2:17 AM. I yawned and looked around my dark hospital room. It was really creepy. I could hear the continuous beep. beep. beep. Of my monitors. The halls were quiet, and light crept under my door. I slowly sat up, and went to put my hair into a pony tail. It felt oily and gross, god only knows the last time it had been washed. When I touched my head, my arm brushed my forehead and I felt a scab. I gasped, and dropped my hair instantly. I slowly touched my forehead, and the scab was about 2 inches long. Nothing major. I hoped it wouldn't leave a scar.

I carefully put my hair up, and laid back down. Sammy's head was laying on upper metal of my bed. He was in an awkward position, and the blanket he had was coming off of him. I carefully reached over, and covered him. I drew my hand back, and looked at him. He looked really peaceful when he slept. I had thousands of questions for him.

How did we meet.. When did I fall for him.. how did I fall for him... what were we like as a couple... I slowly reached over and fixed his hair that was falling into his face. My finger lightly brushed his face, and his eyes slowly fluttered opened. I pulled my hand back, and he gave me a soft smile.

"God I'm happy you're awake.." he whispered. I blushed slightly, and silently thanked god that the only light in the room, was that from the moonlight shining in through the window onto us.

"You.. look uncomfortable.. why don't you go home?" I asked. He shook his head an slowly sat up, stretching out.

"I'm not leaving you.. I haven't left you in a month.. they let me shower here and all." He said. Guilt hit me.

"You don't have to do that.." I whispered. He smiled, and that's when I noticed he had dimples.

"Same old Nic... I'll do anything for you baby girl.." he said. I could feel my cheeks growing hot and I laid my face on the pillow and looked at him.

"Why don't you.. lay up here I guess.. I don't want you to be uncomfortable, and you're only here because of me." I said. He bit his lip and pushed his hair back.

"Tryna seduce me? Because that hospital gown is really working for you" he said. I giggled lightly and rolled my eyes.

"Definitely." I replied. I carefully moved over, and he climbed next to me. He brought his blanket onto the bed, and it comforted me, because we had some type of space between us.

"So what did I look like before the accident..." I said. He clicked his home button, and revealed a picture of me, that was his lock screen. My black hair was curled, and landed all the way past my boobs. My brown eyes, piercing the camera. I looked older than I remembered. Way more developed. I looked hot honestly.

"Well shit.." I replied.

"Yeah that's usually the reaction people have when they see you" he said smiling.

"That was taken.. the day of the accident." He said. His voice growing sad, as he slowly let the word accident roll off his tongue, as if it was poison touching it.

"What happened.. the day of the accident." I asked. He sighed and didn't even look at me.

"It was honestly... way too traumatic.. I don't wanna think about losing you, when I just got you back.." he whispered. I knew that meant, the conversation was over.

"Right.." I said. He looked at me and sighed.

"Well talk about it soon okay?" He asked. I slowly nodded. I made myself more comfortable, which was me laying on my side, head basically on Sammy's chest. I soon drifted off to sleep.